Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33701: Fraudulent leads?
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
joeyberta
Level 5

Re: Introducing Price Assurance!

That’s right.
Many businesses as ours know the fact that a client should look for +/- 3 estimates, quotes, whatever you want to call it, in order to make a decision.
Based on my experience in many years in business, there are the price shoppers, the cheapos, folks that want the best and fastest for the cheapest price.
These people get 10+ quotes and by the end they get so confused with all the different prices and profiles that they decide,
they don’t want to do anything until the next year and they don’t even know what planet they’re living on.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jcp
Level 9

Awhile back I started informing customers that we are charged a fee. I inform all leads - not up front of course - but at some point and in the most positive way possible. I don’t want them coming back to the site in the future and clicking on 10 people again without this knowledge. All my customers have said if they knew of the fee when clicking on pros they would have approached differently.! Customers don’t want to see us small businesses spend money on a click. They don’t. I wouldn’t want that for another pro. Truly, ask Thumbtack customers. Especially when they cost is so high. Price Assurance is a start - but the hard cold fact is the triple increase in price is killing us. My insight report for last week was $85 - 1 lead - 138 views - 0 booked.
joeyberta
Level 5

If I remember well and I’m positive, this was the case how TT handled leads and refunds at the beginning.
When the customer didn’t reply within 48 hours, the fee was automatically refunded.
Can anyone reassure me?

@joeyberta True

RCPS
Level 7

@joeyberta @ChefOfAllSeasons Actually, the way it used to be was that you’d get an automatic refund if the prospect didn’t VIEW your quote 48 hours of your submitted bid. It wasn’t based on whether he/she responded. Hope this helps.

-Roxanne
10/27/19
joeyberta
Level 5

At least, at that time it was still kind of beneficial. After the change,
up until now we’ve spent a lot more $ and getting not much in return.
If they’ll only listen to the customers and not the pros and they’re only looking at the $ sign, this won’t be much better for us.

@joeyberta a few years back, if the customer didn't view the pros quote within 48 hours it was refunded. 

0 Kudos
Vinnycle
Level 3

Hi I'm from Cleveland Ohio and own a roofing and paving . And I'm sorry to say but it has always been that if a customer doesn't read the message in a 48 hour span we get a refund so Idu how this is "new" I've been on thumbtack around 4years. Please all u have to do is have the customers provide there telephone number don't make it a option make it mandatory that's the only way thumbtack will get better 

@Vinnycle it hasn't always been that way. A few years back we refunded if the customer didn't view the quote within 48 hours, but that hasn't been the case for the last little while. Thanks for your feedback on this! 

0 Kudos
magicfingers
Level 6

Hi Meckell

What you also need to provide is a phone number,email address and actual address,then we will know the customer is not a tire kicker.

Thumbtack charges exorbitant high prices for just a name and until such time as you provide the above information we simply cannot afford to give you our hard earned money.

There are many other platforms that provide Such information as a fraction of your prices andlimit the  lead to 3 professionals 

I hope you are listening