Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Moderator Kameron

Re: Introducing Price Assurance!

@DJStevie as Meckell mentioned, you can get an idea of what leads will cost you by taking a look at your weekly spend limit. If you see a noticeable difference, then your category has likely seen an adjustment.

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 10

I asked the following question on Friday October 25, 2019 in this thread but I did not receive a response from any Thumbtack representative to my question.

I am asking the question again. As a matter of professional courtesy I would appreciate a response from a Thumbtack represenative who is capable of providing an answer, thank you.

Thumbtack state with respect to 'Price Assurance'...

We're also changing the cost of leads for some services to ensure they match the quality of the lead you get. You’ll see those changes starting Monday, Oct. 28. 

If Thumbtack are changing the cost of leads for some services to ensure they match the quality of the leads we get can we expect to see a cost reduction for 'poor' quality leads?

Regards,
Laurence

Moderator Kameron

@Lar we don’t have a comprehensive list or specifics that we can share on that. Some lead costs may increase and some may decrease as they do while our teams continuously evaluate and update pricing. Price Assurance is actually directed at this specifically. Helping pros in regards to leads that they may feel are 'poor quality' or never had a shot at winning, i.e. if the customer didn't read your response on an exact match lead.

0 Kudos
Junkbears
Level 2

What is the status of price assurance? Does it cover past charges that the pros never had a shot at?
Moderator Meckell

@Junkbears are you asking if price assurance applies to past leads? If you are, the answer is no. Price assurance was launched on October 24th and applies from that day going forward.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jcp
Level 9

What I’ve also learned that is helpful for all you pros to know - I follow up always with a reply immediately. If I don’t hear back in a few hours I follow up again. But no more after that. If I keep following up trying to get a response - only to hear back “found someone else” or “ changed my mind” - I get charged for that “read” if they never read before. Or didn’t respond before. So keep that in mind using this new Price Assurance. Have control of your own weekly budget and this is a one of many good tips in doing such! I now get past a certain time period and pray they don’t “read” or respond.
0 Kudos

@jcp "Changed my mind" sounds like the conditions of the lead changed and a refund is valid.

0 Kudos
jcp
Level 9

@ChefOfAllSeason  well I shall let you know when I call today!  It's never been so in the past.  I had a customer last week who's budget was $400 but had to click the $400-$700 option.  My shown estimate was $500.  No refund allowed because it was within the $400-$700 budget they clicked.  I have mentioned to TT that they are too black and white on refunds and do not take a case by case evaluation.  And it is always considered that "courtsey refund".   It's not.  It's a case evaluation and determination that a refund would be "the right thing to do".   Ok - no more responding on TT this week.  I see all these messages and it is upsetting and I want to have a positive week!  Good luck everyone!   Have a fantastic week no matter what! 

Lar
Level 10

Why do Price Assurance Refunds only apply to Exact Match Leads?

Thumbtack's 'Price Assurance' blurb states...

• Unread refunds. If the customer doesn’t look at your first message within 48 hours, you never really had a shot at the job. So we automatically credit the cost of the lead back to your Thumbtack balance. Look for “Read” under the messages you sent. These read receipts show you the most recent message the customer saw. 

On the face of it this seems fair. However upon closer examination Thumbtack's Price Assurance has two caveats for eligibility, namely...

1. Only Pro's with 'targetting' enabled are eligible for Price Assurance refunds.

2. Only Leads that are an 'exact match' are eligible for Price Assurance refunds. 

So, a Pro with targetting enabled who receives a Lead that is a 'partial match' may not be eligible for a refund.

Consider then the following scenario...

• A Lead reaches out to a Pro. The Pro has targetting enabled but the parameters of the Lead's request do not match the Pro's targetting preferences. Thumbtack considers this type of Lead to be a partial match.

• Because the Lead is a partial match the Pro can choose to either Accept or Decline the Lead.

• The Pro accepts the lead (within 4 hours), they pay Thumbtack a fee for the lead and they send the Lead a message. This message is the Pro's FIRST message to the Lead.

• The Lead doesn't read the Pro's message within 48 hours.

In this scenario would the Pro be entitled to a Price Assurance refund? If not, then why not?

Thumbtack assert that...

'If the customer doesn’t look at your first message within 48 hours, you never really had a shot at the job'

Surely this assertion holds true regardless of whether a lead is an exact match or a partial match. The assertion is also true regardless of whether a Pro has targetting enabled or not.

If that's the case then why are leads that are 'partial matches' excluded from Price Assurance refunds?

Likewise, why are Pros who don't have 'targetting' enabled excluded from Price Assurance refunds? 

Regards,
Laurence.

Moderator Meckell

Re: Why do Price Assurance Refunds only apply to Exact Match Leads?

Thanks for your feedback on this @Lar. You're right, price assurance covers leads that exactly match your targeting preferences, as long as you respond within four business hours. It doesn’t cover leads that only partially match your preferences or any open opportunities you express interest in. That’s because you opt into those jobs after seeing the details. Price Assurance is our way of having your back on the leads you pay for automatically.

0 Kudos