Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Lar
Level 10

Re: Why do Price Assurance Refunds only apply to Exact Match Leads?

Thanks for the reply @Meckell.

@Meckell, you say that the reason Price Assurance doesn't apply to 'partial matches' is because Pros opt into those Jobs after seeing the details.

My question to you is, why is 'opting in' and 'seeing the job details' even a reason for exclusion from Price Assurance?

We can hopefully agree that when a Pro decides to pay for a 'partial match' Lead they do so with the expectation that they have a real shot of winning the Job.

We can also hopefully agree that when a Lead doesn't read the Pro's first message within 48 hours then by Thumbtack's measure the Pro had no real shot of winning the Job.

Refusing to refund a Pro for a Lead when Thumbtack subsequently determine the Pro had no real shot of winning that Job seems quite wrong.

I hope that Thumbtack rethink their Price Assurance policy to make it fairer to all Pros. Thumbtack need to do a far better job of protecting Pros from Leads they have no real shot of winning. 

Regards,
Laurence.

@Lar You are absolutely right. We are all entitled to an explanation why a partial match lead has no "Price Assurance" protection. My money is just as green for any matched lead I pay. 

Lar
Level 10

@ChefOfAllSeason, I would indeed like a full and informed explanation from Thumbtack, however I don't believe one will be forthcoming.

Regards,
Laurence

Moderator Kameron

@Lar @ChefOfAllSeason In Meckell's last response she gave the reasoning for partial matches not being included for unread refunds.

I'll remind you to please see our new updated Community Code of Conduct. Section #2 in particular. "We do our best to answer questions quickly and with as much detail as possible. If your question has been addressed, please accept the answer in good faith and move on."

At this point, we've addressed your question to our fullest extent and knowledge and won't be discussing it further. 

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 10

@Kameron, I did see @Meckell's reply and her answer, for which I thanked her.

I made a post in reply to @Meckell in which I asked her a direct question related to her answer. My question was...

"...why is 'opting in' and 'seeing the job details' even a reason for exclusion from Price Assurance?"

In that same post I described at length my reason for asking that follow up question.

Thank you @Kameron for taking the time to remind me of the Thumbtack forum code of conduct. 

As quoted by yourself @Kameron, "If your question has been addressed, please accept the answer in good faith and move on."

My question, "...why is 'opting in' and 'seeing the job details' even a reason for exclusion from Price Assurance?", has not as yet been addressed or answered. When it has then rest assured I will accept the answer in good faith and move on.

Regards,
Laurence.

DJStevie
Level 12

@Lar 

I hope that it's ok for me to chime in here as I have an example to share.

The other day,  a "customer" asked for my availability. It wasn't an "exact match", as customer checked off a fog machine in their preferences. I don't offer fog or bubble machines for various reasons, one being that accidents happen.

Lead cost was $42, and after reading Price Assurance again, and chatting with a rep via email, I found this lead not to be "exact", and was told by rep that it wouldn't be guaranteed via Price Assurance policy. So I declined it because if customer ghosted me, I wouldn't be refunded this very high lead cost.

Question to @Meckell and @Kameron, will Price Assurance be expanded to help Pros, if we accept these leads, such as I received the other day.

DJ Stevie 11-7-2019

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jcp
Level 9

- just read your post. What is so disheartening about what I read was the cost of a lead for you. $42. sad. I really appreciate that - after 15+ months since changing the format - and many of us Pros losing a lot of money - and the triple cost increase being beyond comprehension - that a step towards adjustments has finally been made. However, the main problem and complaint is not being dealt with. Triple cost in leads. I’ll say again - Triple Cost In Leads. I bet before Promote you never saw a lead that cost $42 right? I couldn’t even look at My last 4 week insight report. Seriously. Made me sick. My concern is not just for me - but all these Pros out there with small businesses who are trying to get ahead in the world and provide for their families or simply survive. $42 a lead? I can relate. I am attending the Los Angeles Thumbtack event tonight and this will be the top of my list to speak up about. I truly suggest that TT pull statistics and look and track actual pros statistics over the last few years. Before Promote and after. I’ve done it. The numbers don’t lie. The triple price has had a major impact on this platform for us Pros. Price Assurance helps - but lead costing $42 will not sustain for long term loyalty or success for individuals Pros on this site. What has been so noticeable is the amount of new pros in my category. And the drop off of pros with with a lot of hires or reviews. Better for me right? No. I believe I’m now getting under bid. So far this week - I have yet to get a lead. Zero.

Finally - when I google TT in my area for videographer, google shows Thumbtack “cheap videographers in your area”. So - what message does that send to the public? Cheap? Amazing choice of words.

Adjust the triple price. Not one Pro should be paying $42 a lead.

@jcp I see many leads and jobortunities (IDK what else to call them) that are priced as high as $70. It does not sicken me, per se; just makes me cautious. They may turn out to be a viable lead, or not. I never accept them as the ghost rate is still high. My cap is @$25 and accepting even that is largely based on how that price is determined. I have a firm policy of not paying more than 5% of any event's potential revenue. As Mike Brady, L.A. Architect says: Caveat Emptor.

0 Kudos
jcp
Level 9

@ChefOfAllSeason That’s why you’re THE Chef of All Seasons!!!!! So True.
Moderator Kameron

@DJStevie no, as of right now I'm not aware of any plans to expand unread refunds to partial match leads. 

0 Kudos