Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
jcp
Level 9

Re: Why do Price Assurance Refunds only apply to Exact Match Leads?

@ChefOfAllSeason That’s why you’re THE Chef of All Seasons!!!!! So True.
Moderator Kameron

Re: Why do Price Assurance Refunds only apply to Exact Match Leads?

@DJStevie no, as of right now I'm not aware of any plans to expand unread refunds to partial match leads. 

0 Kudos

Re: Introducing the TackMaster program.

Over the past two weeks, I haven't received any leads is there a software issue. If I'm not getting leads than Thumbtack isn't getting my money lol

Moderator Meckell

Re: Introducing the TackMaster program.

Let's see what's going on @djcamwilliams. Go ahead and give our customer support team a call at 800-948-2034 and they'd be happy to look into this for you! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jcp
Level 9

Re: Introducing Price Assurance!

Can you just simply explain or justify why all leads tripled in cost after Promote went into effect? A simple statement that addresses that fact. It is a fact. So I can clearly understand why a lead that used to be $8 is now $26 for the same exact details. I need to be reminded again. Forget the discounts and price savings and all that for a moment. Just a simple statement from TT that I can absorb that explains why we are paying triple costs for leads. If you can answer this question it can possibly reset my thinking on all theses matters. Can you answer the following for me: The cost tripled because ...

Thank You Smiley Happy
Moderator Kameron

@jcp because this thread's purpose is for discussing the aspects of the new Price Assurance. I want to insert a quick reminder to please try to make sure your contributions are related to the specific thread where you post. In the future, if you want to discuss a different topic (like the cost of leads) please try to find a more related thread.

It's true that the cost has changed, but so has what you're actually paying for. Back when you were paying lower amounts, it was likely to send a quote with no guarantee of any response. Or the lead reached out, but we didn't have pro preferences to see how good of a match it could be. Now pros only pay if a customer responds or reaches out to you directly which has shown overall to hold more value, hence the higher prices. 

0 Kudos
jcp
Level 9

Thank you! I understand this is the hot topic of the week so sorry to stray a bit. But my comment kind of addresses the Price Assurance because, though we appreciate these efforts to address the costs we Pros are absorbing due directly to the change over to Promote, I believe the overall concern that I’ve read on the message boards has been the actual triple increase in the leads. We still are paying for leads we have “no guarantee of” as you mention. So that hasn’t changed. Sure a customers reached out to us before Promote - but We paid to reach out to their requests because We read their request, budget and date needed and We chose to respond to a lead that We felt met our preference. It’s just reversed now. So why a triple rate. And if a customer responds now in Promote - you said it has shown overall to hold more value. Well I have not experienced that “more value”. The ROI in my case shows that. So I am very grateful for this Price Assurance - it helps. It’s a great start! I had several leads completely refunded in the last two weeks. Money credited back so I can stay engaged in the site. Which is what I want! However, here it is Thursday and I have zero leads this week. I
am looking forward to the LA event this evening to have face to face conversations with other top pros in this highly competitive market and hear their thoughts.
Wreach
Level 6

While I am really liking the concept, I have spent the last two hours trying to update my calander.. every day is blocked, and when I try to open days it goes right back to being blocked... mekell could you please help me?
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Wreach it sounds like there may be some technical difficulties going on there with the site updating for you. I'd recommend going through our troubleshooting page, and if that doesn't solve it reach out to support. 

Wreach
Level 6

Thanks! I got it straight! With help from support!