Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
ChefOfAllSeason
Community Veteran

Re: Introducing Price Assurance!

@jcp You beat out 28 other Pros and landed the gig. You make perfect lasagne. You are a Super Pro.

DJStevie
Community Expert

@jcp 

Looks like we may have to have a "throwdown" to see who makes the perfect lasagna!! Been making lasagna for years, using my grandfather's recipe from the restaurant that he owned in NYC.

Anyway, I agree with all you said! I've had customers tell me the same thing (that they didn't understand the system) I always give out a questionaire and those that hired me from Thumbtack give me feedback as to if I need to improve anything as a professional, or what they thought of the process at Thumbtack (basically for my records on both). Many were surprised about the fees that I, along with other Pros, are charged. Some gave that fee back as part of their "tip" to me.

I know that there have been times I try to see what customers see, and your assessment is correct, they see numerous Pros first, so the filters aren't in play. I'm sure if they fill out the filters and checklists in detail, even have them fill out their message part of their request, it would help, and possibly weed out majority of the Pros for their events.

Anyway, I pray that you and your family have a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving

DJ Stevie 11-27-2019

jcp
Community Veteran

Exactly! Glad you understand @DJStevie
Showing customers 30 Pros BEFORE any filters defeats the whole “promote”.

Example, if customer enters “wedding and event photographer” the are shown 30 photographer Pros. But I am NOT a wedding photographer. Only events. But there I am. Customer should filter first before any pro is shown. Is that not the premise of “promoting” and triple increase in cost of leads? This will help with price Assurance issues, connecting the right pros and customers and reducing confusion for customers. Price Assurance is helping and makes me feel a little
more assured moving forward with TT.

Shannonleen
Community Regular

Re: Introducing the TackMaster program.

I have been using thumbtack since I started my business 3 years ago, my very first job came from thumbtack. When I started the pricing was awesome for me. But over the yearsit keeps going up and I think weather you auto-pay or not if you pay for a lead and they don't respond or cancel the project we should get our money back!! I send alot of money on leads proably 150-250$ aweek some weeks. and pay for 10 leads and maybe 2 respond! I don't think it's fair to not refund a lead if it's cancalled! Why should I have to pay if I can't get the job??

jcp
Community Veteran

@Shannonleen. I too have been with Thumbtack for over 4 years and had great success with the reasonable prices and workable format until Promote was introduced. My statistics clearly show the drop in bookings and significant price hike. I’m not sure about this TackMaster Program - what does it have to do with our repeated concerns like triple prices - I have been constantly “hiding my business” when I can not respond to a lead within a minute or two and keeping filters accurate. As well as keeping my calendar updated. I do my best to get each hire to give me a review and everything I can to stay within a reasonable ranking for the chance to get hired. However, yesterday a “partial match” match came in and was $48 to respond. Absolutely no way will I ever respond to a lead that cost that much. Regardless of the customers budget. Too risky of an investment. I’m a small business- just me. Price Assurance has helped me in many ways however - now if they don’t “read” my response within a hour - I pray they don’t at all. When we give them all our details before they reach out to us- then it shouldn’t matter if they just read our response to them. It should matter if they never respond after reaching out to us and reading our message. Nothing frustrates me more when a customer reaches out and it says “wants your availability”. I respond - they read it - and then never respond back. Of course I’m available! My calendar would not show you my profile if I blocked the day. So yes I agree with you. We should only pay if the customer engages with us in actual conversation back and forth. Maybe a small flat rate of $3 if they just “read” it. But certainly not $48. I signed up with a Success coach and find that better than TaskMaster. But both have something to offer and both are doing their best to make Thumbtack better for both customers and Pros - because last year’s switch over to Promote was a disaster for me. It’s getting a little better and I have hope for the future. Good luck - and choose wisely. I’ll say again - choose wisely how you make your money work for you. On this site and in life.
Shannonleen
Community Regular

Hello jcp, I don't know really what tackmaster is suppose to do. I posted it the wrong place I guess however it doesn't change the fact that I wish thumbtack would listen to the pros!! I totally agree with you on the pricing, I got a lead that said they wanted to hire me, and when the lead came in and I saw the price 53.25 to just response no way was I paying that and not know if I would get the job and they reached out to 4 other pros. Then like a hour later I got a message saying that they wanted to hire me, so I thought it was the person looking for a pro that said they wanted to hire me, So I thought well if they want to hire me it's worth the money so I accept the lead and send them a message and to my surprise they message me back saying they had already hired a different pro a couple hours before!!! So it wasn't them who said they wanted to hire me, it's was thumbtack wanting me TO THINK they wanted to hire me so I would pay for nthe lead even though I didn't have a chance at winni8ng the job, so there went 53$ FOR NOTHING!! Not cool thumbtacknot at all!!!! Very dissappointed in thumbtack for mi8sleading me!!!

MR
Community Veteran

In my opinion the message that "Lead wants to hire you" should be deleted from the system from top to bottom as the system has no way of knowing that and nothing has happened to that point that would give ANY indication of that being the case. The language is misleading and I fear could trap an unsuspecting new TT pro into thinking that the words were actually correct and commit to spending money he or she would not otherwise have spent. 

I often wonder what the lead would think if they knew that their simple "shopping on TT" led to such a difinitive statement being sent to the pro.

I pretty much ignore any and all messaging from TT and look at each lead for what it is and then make my own decisions on how to proceed. TT presents a lead and provides me a way to reach back out to them... I just wish the system was better at protecting us for when the leads are simply shopping and never respond. The price assurance thing, to me, is only solving that issue about 10-20% of the time so there is much more TT needs to do to protect the pro's money. TT is not cheap compared to other lead services, I would expect a more premium quality of service for that price than we receive.

lmheim
Active Community Member

Until reading this thread last night, I have been completely misled by that phrase, thinking it meant exactly what the words say.  I now know I was wrong and will ignore the message from now on.  Thanks to everyone who commented on that point and clarified that for me.

Highlighted
jcp
Community Veteran

@Shannonleen Many times I have spoken to customer service and posted here on the board requesting that Thumbtack stop sending notifications to Pros that have the tag line “wants to hire you” because it is false and highly misleading. Especially for those new to TT. I will speak again with my success coach about this. I am very mindful of every single lead that comes in. I lost a lot of money this last year on TT - right now the only thing saving me - and helping me book - is keeping a sharp eye on my preferences, utilization of Price Assurance and hiding my business when I can not respond with five minutes. And being on other platforms. Good luck!
Shannonleen
Community Regular

I Have spent alot of money this year on Thumbtack as well and it use to not be like this! I just wish that sometime they would LISTEN to what the pro's are saying. Because if not for the pro's thumbtack wouldn't be making the money they make to just provide a contact to someone, because at the end of the day the pro's are doing all the work not Thumbtack.