Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
lmheim
Level 6

Re: Introducing Price Assurance!

This is a step in the right direction, but it also assumes that the service categories on which Targeting is based are adequate.  They are not.  I do small welding repairs so handyman is a common sense category that applies, but I don't have the ability to target to that level of specificity, so I get and end up paying for leads that are irrelevant.  Targeting also assume that customers correctly select/use the service categories - they don't always do so, so I get/pay for leads that are not really within the category that the customer has selected.

0 Kudos
Sashadr817
Level 5

Re: Introducing the TackMaster program.

I honestly feel like we should not pay for leads that do not provide phone numbers and we don't secure them as a customer. Just paying for a lead that didn't lead us anywhere, but making a payment for an unsuccessful attempt to get a client. Especially when our rates are on our profile and they don't book with us.

jcp
Level 9

@Sashadr817 - a good point that has been brought up many, many times. Other similar sites do provide the contact info for the same price or less than TT. The targeting is not the same - but at least we get the contact info. I don’t mind not getting contact information from the leads here - but the cost is still too high for us NOT getting the contact info or more for our money. And again - please change the blue action buttons. Customers should only reach out to us because they know we are available and they see our rate. No more exact matches where it says “joe wants your availability”. “Joe wants an estimate”.
Sashadr817
Level 5

Okay yeah I'll look for the availability option & make sure it's on estimate. Can't they already see my prices though? They're on there.
Sashadr817
Level 5

Where is the action button?
0 Kudos

@Sashadr817 correct, if you have your targeting preferences in place then your prices will be listed for customers to see. The buttons that @jcp referred to are the options the customer has to choose from when contacting a pro.

arlenekaysen
Level 5

Suggestion-Price assurance should be extended to pro's not on promote or targeting

Im not on promote. dont like it. so in my situation,  if a customer reaches out to me and i accept the lead and get charged for it, we should have the same guarantee that our quote is read within 48 hours. I am not going to accept any more leads and only send quotes to people that dont pick me. i will pay then for it when they respond to my quote. loosing too much money on unread quotes.

crussell821
Level 5

Did shop around savings disappear? I had a lead contact 7 pros last night and I don’t see a discount.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@crussell821 shop around savings is still around. How shop around savings works is the discount will build up over the first 15 minutes while the customer reaches out to multiple pros. No charges will happen until after that amount of time and the amount will be the same for all pros involved in that amount of time. 

0 Kudos
Fino
Level 4

Introducing Price Assurance!

I just have to throw this out here. I hate the fact that I have to pay for a lead that I don't get the job for. I respond, and then the client doesn't responds. I don't mind paying for a lead if I got the job, but if I didn't, why should I pay? You know every single client is going to reach out to 3-5 different Pros to compare prices, or what not. Thumbtack making money off all these Pros contacted but only 1 gets the job.