Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
magicfingers
Active Community Member

Re: Introducing Price Assurance!

Hi Meckell

What you also need to provide is a phone number,email address and actual address,then we will know the customer is not a tire kicker.

Thumbtack charges exorbitant high prices for just a name and until such time as you provide the above information we simply cannot afford to give you our hard earned money.

There are many other platforms that provide Such information as a fraction of your prices andlimit the  lead to 3 professionals 

I hope you are listening

Moderator Kameron

@magicfingers for Thumbtacks perspective on that subject be sure to check out this post: Resource of the week: customer phone numbers.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Community Expert

@Meckell 

As you stated in your post, lead costs are changing for some services as of October 28. Do you know if my category was one of the services that leads costs have been changed?

Thanks,

DJ Stevie 10-30-2019

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@DJStevie as Meckell mentioned, you can get an idea of what leads will cost you by taking a look at your weekly spend limit. If you see a noticeable difference, then your category has likely seen an adjustment.

0 Kudos
Lar
Community Veteran

I asked the following question on Friday October 25, 2019 in this thread but I did not receive a response from any Thumbtack representative to my question.

I am asking the question again. As a matter of professional courtesy I would appreciate a response from a Thumbtack represenative who is capable of providing an answer, thank you.

Thumbtack state with respect to 'Price Assurance'...

We're also changing the cost of leads for some services to ensure they match the quality of the lead you get. You’ll see those changes starting Monday, Oct. 28. 

If Thumbtack are changing the cost of leads for some services to ensure they match the quality of the leads we get can we expect to see a cost reduction for 'poor' quality leads?

Regards,
Laurence

Moderator Kameron

@Lar we don’t have a comprehensive list or specifics that we can share on that. Some lead costs may increase and some may decrease as they do while our teams continuously evaluate and update pricing. Price Assurance is actually directed at this specifically. Helping pros in regards to leads that they may feel are 'poor quality' or never had a shot at winning, i.e. if the customer didn't read your response on an exact match lead.

0 Kudos
Junkbears
Community Newcomer

What is the status of price assurance? Does it cover past charges that the pros never had a shot at?
Moderator Meckell

@Junkbears are you asking if price assurance applies to past leads? If you are, the answer is no. Price assurance was launched on October 24th and applies from that day going forward.

0 Kudos
jcp
Community Veteran

What I’ve also learned that is helpful for all you pros to know - I follow up always with a reply immediately. If I don’t hear back in a few hours I follow up again. But no more after that. If I keep following up trying to get a response - only to hear back “found someone else” or “ changed my mind” - I get charged for that “read” if they never read before. Or didn’t respond before. So keep that in mind using this new Price Assurance. Have control of your own weekly budget and this is a one of many good tips in doing such! I now get past a certain time period and pray they don’t “read” or respond.
0 Kudos
ChefOfAllSeason
Community Veteran

@jcp "Changed my mind" sounds like the conditions of the lead changed and a refund is valid.