Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

Keeping you in the (feedback) loop: August edition

We heard that we could do a better job updating you on the status of all the great feedback you give us. We want you to know we’re listening to you, and we’re working hard to turn many of your ideas into new product features. 

Keep reading to learn what we are (and aren’t) working on regarding your feedback. Below you'll find updates on some of the most consistent and insightful feedback we've been hearing. And keep in mind, timelines may shift as we learn more about how to improve our product.

Status Key:

Implementing - This change is coming soon! Look for it an upcoming product roundup post.

In Development - We’re revising, building and fixing updates that address this feedback.

Evaluating Options - We’re working on it and the project is in research and design stage.

Under Consideration - We’re reviewing but other projects may block us from working on it currently.

Not Planned - No change planned.

What you’ve told us you want:

1. A cost calculator for customers before they submit a request

We’re currently testing a version of a cost calculator for customers when they search for pros. We also launched a cost calculator on each pro’s profile. It will be out on iOS soon, and is available now on Android and the website. To see it, search for a pro with prices listed, and click on the “View price details” link at the top of the profile.

1. Your location and travel preferences highlighted for customers

We’ve been experimenting with ways to show distance that make sense for each category. It’s a complicated topic because it doesn’t always work the same for different categories. We tried showing maps on every pro profile and it led to a big decrease in the number of customers reaching out. We learned that customers often don’t want to hire someone outside their area (even if the pro travels for work).

We also started showing when a pro is remote for a category, which had a positive effect on customers reaching out to pros they want to work with. Soon we’ll start testing ways to display how many jobs a given pro has done in an area, which is a better way of showing that a pro works nearby.

1. An option to serve multiple areas using one profile

We understand many pros are mobile, and want to serve customers in different regions across the country. But using one profile to serve multiple areas is complex because (unless you work remotely) we use your service address to connect you to the customers searching in your area. And sometimes pros change their pricing or job preferences depending on the location. We’re considering ways we can make Thumbtack profiles work the way pros want them to.

1. A way to sync third-party calendars

We hear this a lot and have future plans to support third-party calendar integration. We hope that one day, pros can rely on their Thumbtack calendar as their source of truth. We also released a new calendar recently, that makes it easier to block off unavailable times. So our first priority is to make the new update easier to find and use. Learn more about using your calendar in our help article My availability.

1. A better view of the cost of new and paid leads

For a better view of new leads, now you can see a table with the price of leads in your budget tool. To find the budget tool, click the Services tab and then select the service you want to see. Select budget, then scroll down to the “Price of leads” section. Look for the “Price of leads” section to find the maximum price you could pay for a lead, but you might pay less than that amount.

To see your paid leads, go to your Payments.

9 responses

Re: Keeping you in the (feedback) loop: August edition

@DustiO: How do 3rd party work? What are they?
0 Kudos

@DustiO : Correction... how do 3rd party calendars work?

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@ChefOfAllSeason when referring to 3rd party calendars we're talking about the other popular calendars that many pros use to manage their schedule. A prime example would be Google Calendar.

0 Kudos

Got it. Thanks
0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

Let's hope this gets past the under consideration phase & gets implemented soon. I use the Microsoft Outlook calendar for all of my scheduling. I have to circle back & make sure my TT calendar is updated.

Hsnkster 9/3/19
0 Kudos

I have a bit of feedback about calendars: I would love to have a separate calendar for each of my services. Catering and Personal Chef work requires hours of preparation before the job begins. Private Cooking Lessons requires no preparation; I simply show up. I want to block off dates on my TT calendar for the two time consuming services and keep the same dates open for Cooking Lessons. That would be great. Additionally, some of my work is either am or pm. It would inspire me to buy more leads on TT if I could set my calendar with clock settings as well. For example: Unavailable 4pm until 8am. Available 6am until 2pm.

0 Kudos

@DustiO @Kameron Please elaborate on the cost calculator feature. What will customers see when this feature (or filter?) becomes available? 

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@ChefOfAllSeason when it comes to the cost calculator for customers, we can't definitively say what exactly will be shown since it's currently still in development. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@Kameron My main concern is that TT will post a cost calculator for the customers with added commentary that is potentially misleading. For example: Catering leads have budget options bracketed as $35-$50 per person, etc. Next to some of these figures is "average Wedding Price". This suggestive language is contrary to a Pro's interest as it creates unrealistic expectations. The implication is that Caterers who charge a so-called "average wedding price"  for an event that is percieved as having lesser market value, such as a 50th Birthday Party, is overcharging.

Thumbtack may or may not be compiling an average wedding price for my area, but definitely does not account for any details therein. A common example: A paper plate wedding reception in a rented space at the local firehouse (been there/done that) will be charged a significantly lower price per person than an elegant buffet featuring gourmet ingredients. 

Currently, such commentary as "premium ingredients" and "basic food" or worse, "basic food for casual events" exists in the leads and they are misleading. To wit, "basic food" is what you find in the vending machines. On a good day, it could also mean hot dogs, PB & J and canned soup. I do not serve that. That's 30+ years of restaurant fine dining, mid range dining, Catering, Personal Chef work and a degree from one of the top 10 Culinary schools in the world telling it like it is.

If a cost calculator is developed (similar to what I just described) to be displayed to our customers, then implemented, the results would be unfavorable and discourage lead purchases. No one wants to send a quote with an auto tab that says "based on our calculator, this guy overcharges". I post this in the hopes that the Product team will gain further insight into how we, the Pros, aka, Thumbtack's valued and loyal customers operate.