results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Hankster
Level 10

Re: Keeping you in the (feedback) loop: July edition

I agree @ChefOfAllSeason Cap it at 5. That should be more than enough choices. Too many of the JP's get click happy & have chosen on one job lead that came into my Jobs tab 13 pros. 13 pros who got auto charged. Makes me wonder if the JP actually contacted someone or as is probably the case this was a ghost lead.

Hankster 8/2/19

0 Kudos

@Hankster As it has been explained to me by the support teams months ago, when the prompter says " John Doe contacted 5 Pros" it really means Thumbtack automatically contacted 5 Pros who use "Promote", now known as "Target". And just for clarification, this in no way implies any connection whatsoever with Target stores. These nationwide outlets have many more customers seeking the same products than do on Thumbtack. So all in all, it's a fair deal.

0 Kudos
jcp
Level 9

Final thought - this informational post should really be emailed to the entire Thumbtack community.
Moderator Meckell

We've heard a lot of amazing feedback here in the Community regarding many of these subjects. I wanted to take a second and give a shoutout to a few pros who have shared some of this feedback! 

@Daniel_O in your post here, you mentioned that you would like the option to temporarily hide your account. We told you that it's something we're working on and are excited to share more about it. Be sure to check out the first topic on this post and let us know what you think!

@tmholbert @revbrian @ChefOfAllSeason @MR you all had questions and gave feedback recently regarding how pros rank. Check out the second topic on this post and feel free to share your thoughts!

@FrankkieR @WLVO you gave us feedback about customers selecting that they want services remotely. Refer to the third topic in this post, and of course, if you have any further suggestions, let us know! 

@Lar @user4311 you both told us that you want us to bring back the option for customers to update the status of their project. This is something we're currently evaluating. Check out the fifth topic below to read more! 

@ChefOfAllSeason you wrote this post about wanting to pay only when you're hired. Look at the seventh topic in this post to get more of an explanation on why this isn't something we're doing at this time. 

Thanks to all of you and many other pros who share feedback with us daily Smiley Happy 

@jcp 

My suggestion didn't get an honorable mention... I suspect it would fall under the "no change planned" category.

Even though it would facilitate the best conversation between the customer and the Pro that they directly reached out to, it might be too expensive to implement a 1-hour courtesy window.

Hankster
Level 10

Welcome to my world @ScottArcangel 

0 Kudos
jcp
Level 9

@ScottArcangel - I would have to agree as a business owner that the one hour wait period is rather too much to ask. Besides the customer doesn’t want emails coming in a hour later either. The solution is to get valid, filtered customers to us that want to hire us. I’ll say again, “that want to hire us”. The process of getting a truly interested, ready to hire lead is not working efficiently. I won’t repeat - but it’s all listed by me and many, many, many pros. For months now. Yes TT is making some money now, that can’t be denied. But the Pros are losing more than gaining. Truly disheartening. I just got a email, I made “Top Pro” again. How that happened I don’t know but I am happy. But the cost over the last year as compared to the four years prior -“as a Top Pro is truly sad. I do have to think every once in awhile that if this platform was not available at all where would I be? So ...... though I do book, it’s not a high valued or profitable site for me anymore. I certainly do not recommend to other professional law to use Thumbtack anymore like I used to. That’s what’s a shame.
jcp
Level 9

Community Help Center Dashboard

Browse

Community Sections

Thumbtack Community Pro lounge The water cooler Congratulations to our July 2019 class of Top Pros...
Options

All forum topics

miketro
Level 1

yesterday
Re: Congratulations to our July 2019 class of Top Pros!
Thank you Thumbtack for providing such an awesome platform to market my photography business in the Philadelphia area. So far so great! Congratulations to all the 2019 Top Pros, great job!
Cheers,
Mike
Michael Troisi Photography
0 Kudos

Share Reply

KimKosteck
Level 4

13m ago
Re: Congratulations to our July 2019 class of Top Pros!
Yay!!! Congratulations to all of you and I am so happy to be here! My name is Kim Kosteck. I am a Professional Organizer and Life Coach living in the Houston area. Essentially, I help my clients become a better version on their selves so they can live fuller and happier lives by getting “unstuck”.
I think it’s great they ask for a tip, because when I here Top Pro, I think of an individual that makes their clients a priority and understands the need for outstanding customer service. My #1 tip would be to put yourself in your clients shoes and think of the place in their life they are before they contacted you to improve it in some way and treat them no less that what you would wish to be treated. I wish you all the best on your endeavors and if you ever feel overwhelmed or wish you could get unstuck. I am available for a free coaching call to all Top Pro members! You can reach me at KimKosteckPO@gmail.com or 346-708-2413!
Keep raising the bar!
Kim
0 Kudos

Share Reply

Thought I would add this . . . .  first 20 days of July numbers

16 paid Promote leads
Cost $$196
1 refund that was a struggle to get
Booked 1
Booked event : $175 for 1 hour job and he hasn’t paid the deposit yet. So technically I’m still at ZERO bookings

Potential for a $20 profit for the month so far!   $20 potential earnings for July.  And I just made Top Pro.  ??

I’ve been a Top Pro five years in a row. But these numbers are a sign that this system doesn’t work. This is why only 4% make Top Pro. Because 96% can not be successful on this site. When are the changes coming that have been promised? Paying for customers to ask if we are available when we pay to be filtered to them because we are available? Asking for estimate when we filter our price before they can contact us? I’ve been asking customers if they would use the site different and make serious selections if they knew we paid to respond and they said yes. But getting the customer to reach out to as many pros as possible IS Thumbtack’s goal.  This takes away from uniqueness and cost to be on Promote.   It is quite clear that Thumbtack is not planning on taking the steps that will truly make a difference in helping us get the right lead and the best opportunity to book.  

The issues with the site are all expressed all over the community board for a year now.  And I don't see any of them addressed in your opening.  "Require customers to use all search filters before they can contact a Pro"   Is  NOT PLANNED?  Then why are we paying for Promote?  Why are we wasting so much money for people to ask "are you available" - "wants an estimate".   When I read that I was so disheartened for the future of this site.    

In regards to #8: I must disagree with your assertion that customers are required to fill out all questions when posting leads. The request format for my services have a message box. Most times they are not filled in. 

Highlighted

This is in response to #3.

Thank you, I read what you said, but I have to say, since I've been complaining for at least 5 years, this search for a solution seems very slow. I hear about zip code filters, there's that real estate app where you can draw it in the shape of a duck. I would gladly block all zip codes beginning with 1. I need a different filter for online work than for in person. If nothing else, there should be a clear refund policy, so, especially when I've complained so often, at least I can get my budget restored. Now it's at the understanding of the rep I speak to. I've done everything I can. My profile states IN ALL CAPS in the headline that I service New Jersey. Customers manage to miss it. Some reps acknowledge the process and give me a refund. Some say it's within my 25 mile radius and don't. I don't want to cut back my radius, because people 50 miles to the west and south will still come to me. For online lessons, I'd eliminate zip codes beginning in 9. If they want lessons in their evening, that's 9pm to midnight my time. I even had a request from Hawaii, who was surprised I didn't live on the big island. Pros quickly become tuned in to our audience. The customer won't notice, and they have no idea they're wasting our budget.

0 Kudos