Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Re: Keeping you in the (feedback) loop: July edition

Hi @DustiO  & @Meckell 

Thanks for the update.

Any thought on the suggestion of giving Pros a window of time to have a one-on-one conversation with a customer, when the customer reaches out directly to the pro via Promote?

A common scenario for me -

Customer reaches out to me directly. I respond within 10 minutes.

However - in that 10 minute period Thumbtack has already encouraged the customer to reach out to other Pros as well. 

I work hard to build and maintain a profile that will encourage customers to reach out to me - and once I've landed a gig, work hard to ensure all of my feedback will also be strong enough to have customers reaching out directly to me first.

However, in that short 10 minute window, the conversation that the customer and I could be having has already been polluted by messages from Thumbtack, and messages from other Pros who may reach out quicker than I do.

How about a grace period (even just the intial hour) where the customer & initial Pro they reach out to can have an uninterrupted conversation? After all - what we are paying for is this highly valuable connection to the customer. I'd prefer to have that time with the customer without interruption & interference.

Thanks

jcp
Level 9

@ScottArcangel your feedback is a excellent point! And another well pointed out issue for the pro side. Sending the leads out to everyone after the customer selects Pros on promote is not helpful to the Pros or the customer. First of all , the customer is selecting who they are interested in - to streamline their process and filter through all of us. That helps the customer. They don’t want their request sent out to the masses! If so, give them that option. But finding jobs in the jobs tab means TT is mass marketing that customers request to us. Maybe the customer doesn’t want that? After a few minutes of making their filtered selection their request goes out to the entire service category? And at that level the cost to respond is extremely high. It should be extremely low at that level if anything. Filtering and being selecting by a customer also helps us Pros on promote to only pay for leads that are exact matches (however that needs serious fixing). I feel for those who are not on promote - you could be pages and pages down to scroll through and never be seen. But being on promote is a whole other issue with leads that are not filtered properly and we are forced to pay. Or like my previous feedback where we have to pay for “are you available”, “wants an estimate” when these questions should never be allowed for the customer to click on - that information is already there. By the time they want to contact us and us pay a high cost for a value lead - then make it a value lead. It’s common sense. And no waiting period at all to send to the jobs tab. Customers can either scroll and find us or filter is. But sending the request to the entire service category is wrong and unfair for those of us that pay for promote. It’s not helping us. Besides, customers don’t want to be bombarded! Exactly how long does it open up to the entire field? If it’s less then an hour, then it’s really unfair. The desperation of TT to make money off every single lead at any cost to us is very apparent and disappointing. Truly - what’s the point of Filter and Promote if TT is not supporting that to really help us with the booking. Also, again with the “here’s what we are doing” and then months go by with no changes.

@jcp Thanks for your response.

I'm afraid, there's more to it than that...

Not only is the lead posted in the Jobs tab once the customer selects the Pro they want to reach out to - as you described...

But within minutes of selecting a Pro, Thumbtack emails the customer to encourage them to reach out to a number of other Pros. This way, if the original Pro isn't available, they have a number of options. What happens is the customer (if they are new to Thumbtack) likely clicks on a number of other Pros - since it's free, why not? Not knowing they will then get multiple communications from everyone they select - and within minutes they are overwhelmed by 2-8 other Pros.

And the conversation they wanted to have with us, that we paid for & earned with our profile & stellar record, is completely muddied.

Again - just give us an hour to have a conversation...

jcp
Level 9

@ScottArcangel well that is good information to know.

I hope the team is reading this. Because this is exactly what it means by not ensuring we are getting the connection that we want as Pros or what Customers deserved as well. How TT doesn’t see that this is unfair, especially when we are paying to promote like you say. What is the point of Promote if this is allowed to happen? Besides, when I am conversing with a customer- which can go back and forth for 15 - 20 minutes - they are being listed in the jobs tab too?! Unbelievably unfair and entirely against the whole “promote” idea.

@DustiO @taylor 

Any thought on the suggestion of giving Pros a window of time to have a one-on-one conversation with a customer, when the customer reaches out directly to the pro via Promote?

A common scenario for me -

Customer reaches out to me directly. I respond within 10 minutes.

However - in that 10 minute period Thumbtack has already encouraged the customer to reach out to other Pros as well. 

I work hard to build and maintain a profile that will encourage customers to reach out to me - and once I've landed a gig, work hard to ensure all of my feedback will also be strong enough to have customers reaching out directly to me first.

However, in that short 10 minute window, the conversation that the customer and I could be having has already been polluted by messages from Thumbtack, and messages from other Pros who may reach out quicker than I do.

How about a grace period (even just the intial hour) where the customer & initial Pro they reach out to can have an uninterrupted conversation? After all - what we are paying for is this highly valuable connection to the customer. I'd prefer to have that time with the customer without interruption & interference.

Thanks!

Hankster
Level 10

@ScottArcangel  This is a fantastic idea! What say you @DustiO & @taylor? These are hard working paying service pro Thumbtack customers (yes WE ARE customers) who are asking Thumbtack to work & partner with us! Not against us! We want to see recent suggestions & feedback that will benefit ALL service pros & Thumbtack implemented sooner like as in this year rather then later or never! 

Hankster 8/1/19

Highlighted
Moderator taylor

@ScottArcangel This is a great thought to share with us here. Partnering with you to help you see success is important and we appreciate the hard work and effort you put into your business to ensure your customers are satisfied and want to come back to you in the future. I'll definitely take this suggestion down and pass it along to our team to add to any additional feedback on the subject. One thing to keep in mind is that we want customers to find the help they need when they need it and that's why we provide them the option to reach out to more pros. We want to be sure we're being fair to all pros and giving them an equal opportunity to contact the customer. As you said, you work to reach out to customers within 10 minutes of them contacting you. That's a great response time to commit to. Customers are looking for quick and detailed responses. If that customer has to wait an hour before being able to hear back from any pros they may move on to a different pro before you can respond. We appreciate you sharing this with us. Keep the great ideas coming. 

0 Kudos

@taylor 

Thanks for the response. Just one note on a comment of yours -

"We want to be sure we're being fair to all pros and giving them an equal opportunity to contact the customer."

The whole foundation for why I bring up the idea of giving the Pro who was first selected a courtesy window to have an exclusive conversation - is that not all pros deserve an equal opportunity to contact the customer.

That might not be a popular opinion - but I stand by it. If a Pro provides the kind of outstanding service and works hard enough on their profile to attract the customer first - then they deserve to have that conversation first. And then other Pros should be given an opportunity to contact the customer. And doesn't the customer deserve to have the conversation with the Pro that they reached out to? VS being inundated by other Pros that they intentionally did not select?

Thanks

@ScottArcangel : I must disagree with your assertion that "not all Pros deserve an equal chance." My profile is strong, my work is excellent and my money is as green as anyone elses. If I pay, I play. Those on Target, aka, Promote get first crack at the pitch, but I still get a place in the lineup too. I decline Promote. aka Target, for my own reasons and accept with a happy heart that my profile does not exist in the ranking of two of my services. That is fair. But if I pay the same rate for these great leads (in fact 20% more) why should I be given leftovers?

@taylor : The practice of giving too many options to customers is overkill. If I recieved 10 quotes from 10 pros (as will haooen frequently on job posts of all kinds) I would probably not read all of them and feel overwhelmed. To be partners with us Pros you must encourage sales conversion rather than quote diversion. We remember when 5 bids was the cap. That is a norm in many industries. 

I offer a suggestion that will add veracity to your assertion that TT wants to partner with us:

A survey of how many multiple bid (more than 5) job posts that have led to ghosts. Furthermore, some hard data about how many ghosts occur on a monthly basis and how many leads are accepted either by Jobs Tab or Promote (Target). With this information we then, as partners of course, decide together in a harmonious fashion the true ratio of ghosts to actual responses across the board. 

As a partner, I truly want all of us to succeed; especially the newly named Target. It would be sad to see Target be a hit or miss. As Rosy the Riveter said "We can do it!"