Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Re: Keeping you in the (feedback) loop: July edition

@VideoTerry: You make a salient point. It has crossed my mind a time or too that TT attracts bargain hunters. If that is so, it is hard to determine whether this is deliberate or through happenstance.
We live in a free market society. TT has to remain competitive like anyone else. Many leads come in with unrealistic budgetary expectations; so what? I just hit pass. For me, one out of ten is worth consideration. It’s still better than zero.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Timoteo
Level 5

@VideoTerry You have encapsulated my sentiments and, for the most part, my strategy, dead on.  I agree with your assessment of the commoditization theory as well.   I will say that there are some diamonds in the rough (clients that understand, often if you underpay your going to get what you pay for) here, but the new system makes it that much harder thand before, and even then it wasn't easy. Smiley Happy

Also, I was very fortunate this past year or so to gain a few clients with long-term and "heavy-load" vfx projects (and reasonable budgets) that kept me busy, and none-too concerned with the "shananigans" here.  However, I know that (and knew) that it could come (and will/is) back to the forefront (although minimized by the strategy) once again.   I hope, as you said, "clearer heads will" prevail sooner than later.  

Take care,
Tim

PS: Did any of you ever use Elance?  What did you think of it before it becmae Odesk? (Just curious.)

0 Kudos

When will the August updates be posted?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@ChefOfAllSeason it should be posted in a few weeks. Stay tuned! 

0 Kudos