Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Keeping you in the (feedback) loop: Nobody likes a pedant but I must.

@Hankster 

I remember seeing all of your suggestions and still am baffled as to why we haven't seen/heard status on those as of yet, even the ones that I have suggested. Your idea of having less questions is great!! We need to know if a Job Poster is very serious or just searching. If a poster is just searching, there should be a button for that, and not to have us charged for searchers!!!

I have had some searchers reach out and I get charged but then I don't hear back even after replying to a conversation starter. I've mentioned  many times over about not being charged for such searchers, but seems to have fallen on deaf ears. I'm told to be patient and have faith, but how much more patience can we have?  I've also mentioned that we need to see Job Poster and event info, lead cost up front before deciding if that potential customer is a right fit for us. And then charge us after we reach out to Job Poster. After all, we know our business better than anyone, including Thumbtack. I may have repeated myself, but sometime I have to just to try and get my point across. Perhaps Thumbtack can combine our suggestions. I know that both of us, and any other DJs out there may want different things, but if we can combine the best ideas it will be a great. The same should hold true with any other job category. Not just implement one universal change and then trying to tweak it to appease other Pros.

Hope this makes sense @DustiO 

DJ Stevie 6-6-2019

HansenJC
Level 10

Re: Keeping you in the (feedback) loop: Nobody likes a pedant but I must.

@Meckell  When you wrote: "Be sure to check out this post with more info on that, and of course, let us know what you think!" Did you mean to insert a link to a post, or were you indicating that we should follow this post that we are discusing right now?

I would like to add a thought on what @Hankster wrote. If there are two questions about whether a Job Poster is just checking prices or they really intend to hire the right Pro, They should not be allowed to reach out to a Pro just to get pricing. Unless there are particular Services that can only be quoted as a custom quote, there is already a way to get pricing for most if not all services right? The job poster who is doing tire kicking should never cost us any money. And at the very least they should be limited to a fixed number of contacts to get that pricing.

If the Job Posters say that they are ready to hire, let them reach out to a set limit of five Pros. No more than five. The stories of 17 to 28 Pros who were contacted is a sign of greed on the part of Thumbtack.

Yes, I have suggested this in the past, but Thumbtack will not confirm that they have heard me, so here goes:

SUGGESTION: If the JOB POSTER wish to go over their set limit and would like more pricing, require that they de-select any one of the previously contacted Pros. Then that Pro gets an automatic refund from TT. Thumbtack is happy and the Pros have a fixed amount of risk of not being selected. I think 1 in 5 is the most risk I want to take. Tell the customers why they can no longer contact any deselected Pro.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Moderator Meckell

Re: Keeping you in the (feedback) loop: May edition

@yourhouse @GrampysMagic @magicfingers @GeorgeH @rya @RevDrLCT @Kduroy @MR @ncnative @thediscountdj @TapSnap @Lar @Fairygodmother @WOfficiant @tlittlej @PattyB6 @Catering @Grat17 @SRE2018 @butch1956 @rasman211 @Av8tress you have all given us feedback regarding customer's phone numbers and we really appreciate it! Be sure to check out this post with more info on that, and of course, let us know what you think! 

0 Kudos
ncnative
Level 4

?
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@ncnative did you have a question about this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HansenJC
Level 10

@DustiO  We hear you. As I got to #3 I read it very carefully. It sure is a good one. Let's look at every word. With a goal of understanding, this sounds more like an exercise in thinking about a problem and not really taking action. While the Status "In Developement"  was used, it would be good to know the name of this development project so that we may discuss it and contribute our thoughts to it. How many other suggestions will be rolled into this development project? How long will this take? Should we put our profile into sleep mode while we wait? What would you do if you had customers travel to your place of business? And what if Thumbtack never gains a full understanding of all the factors? If the past ten years in this business was not enough time, what will it take?

Maybe this is another project where a complete understanding will impeed progress and Thumbtack should just act on what it knows already. "Understanding all the factors" may mean this project will never get done. And that would make me sad.

1.  More control over how far customers travel to me for jobs

Our goal is to understand all the factors pros consider to determine whether they want a job. Many pros have found customers who live farther out won't hire them, so they’re not as interested in those jobs. Now we’re working on giving you more control over the leads you get, including which customers travel to you.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
HansenJC
Level 10

Re: Keeping you in the (feedback) loop: May edition - Reviews Without being hired.

@DustiO  I am moving on to #4.

1. Allow reviews only if the customer hired you

We understand it can be frustrating to receive a review when you weren’t even hired. We want to allow customers to share their thoughts on their experience with a pro, even if they decide to go a different direction. Their experience is still valid and might be useful for future customers to know.

Just remember, customers can’t leave a review if they don’t have a conversation with you. Once you have a conversation and you’ve started interacting, then they can leave a review. With that, we don't always know when pros actually get hired by customers. That’s something we’re working towards and will also tie into when customers will be able to leave reviews in the future.

Let me suggest a really out of the box option for consideration by Thumbtack.

Suggestion: "Let there be five types of reviews." (Stretch your imagination just a little and read on.)

A) The current concept of a review is a "Review of a Finished Job." for this best of all worlds, Thumbtack got paid; The Job got done, and the Pro got paid. Then the Job Poster reviews the work.

B) The Job Poster wishes to review their interaction with a Pro that they did not hire and allow these to be carefully MODERATED to prevent unwarranted situations from getting out of hand. The critical detail here is MODERATION.

C) The Job Poster writes a review about a job that did not happen as if it actually took place. This review SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN because it is FALSE. Just delete it. They may have written it about a different Pro on a different job. TT should find the truth and fix it.

D) A review by the Job Poster of the the entire Thumbtack process. Yes this is where they review Thumbtack, not the Pro and not the job. Long overdue. Why make them do this with the BBB?

E) A review by the Pro of the way Thumbtack handled the entire transaction. Yes, I said let the Pros leave reviews of the job Thumbtack is doing for any specific job where the public can read it.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections

#4 in the post is not accurate. There appears to be a bug where customers can leave a review when you have declined their lead initially. They just have to update on their end that they hired you. I believe this is initiated on the customer end by an email inquiry about the status of their job and then once they indicate that they hired a provider they are able to leave a review. This was a bug identified in May so may not have made it to the folks writing this newsletter.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@aai-sanantonio correct, customers will not be able to leave a review in instances where there was no conversation with a customer, like if you've declined their lead. If this does happen to you let us know and we'll look into the situation with you. 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

Time to move on to #5.

1. Read receipts (so you know when customers view your messages)

We want to give you clear signals once a customer responds to you. In the past, you used to know when a customer viewed your quote on Thumbtack. But Thumbtack has changed a lot since then. We want you to focus on the customers you are having conversations with.

While you can still send a quote to a customer (from the Jobs tab), the customers with the most potential are the ones who contact you or reply to your quote. Those customers are in your Inbox.

There are multiple ways to provide clearer signals once a customer has responded, and a "read receipt" is one option we're considering.

Again, "multiple ways to provide clearer signals" is not what the Pros asked for. Please return to the list of suggestions from the Pros. The Pros did not say: "Give me a lot of unspecified ways to evaluate the risk of sending a followup message that will be viewed by the Job Poster as anoying."

The request was simple and clearly written. "Return a feature that we found valuable in the past."

SUGGESTION: Please allow the Pros to know when or even if the Job Poster has read our initial quote. We know you can do this because you had done it in the past. And this is not about knowing what is happening after we have heard from the Job Poster initially. Also, we did not ask for Thumbtack to tell us that we should "...focus on the customers we are having conversations with." We know how to have conversations. It is the silent customers that we need more information about. We need a read receipt, please. Not Options.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections