Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

May's product roundup

Below is an updated list for the month of May. We’d love to hear what you think and we want your feedback!

Don’t see your idea on this list? That doesn’t mean we aren’t working on it. Some features are much more complicated than they seem and take time to implement. Have other ideas? Reply below to share your suggestion and you may see it in a future update!

Updates for pros in May:

• Per-day business hours: You run a tight ship. So you know how crucial it is to set a schedule and keep to it. And we know after a customer views your business hours — and sees when you’re available — you’re more likely to get hired. You told us you wanted more options when setting your availability. Based on the feedback we heard, we added the ability for you to set your business hours for each day of the week. Work the same hours each day? No problem. You can still set the same hours for the whole week. But if your availability changes day by day, we’ve got you covered.  Learn more here.
  • Jobs tab distance filter: As many of you know, you’re now seeing more opportunities in the Jobs tab. We want to give you as many chances to get hired as possible, so that's why we’re now showing all opportunities in your category within 150 miles. However, we heard from some pros that this made it more difficult for them to sort through opportunities. Now you can filter the Jobs tab by distance, making it easier to find the right opportunities. If you don't see the new filters in the app, just upgrade your app to the newest version.Jobs1.png

• Added additional targeting preferences: We received feedback from pros like you that you want more control over the types of jobs you automatically pay for. We recently added additional targeting preferences in many services to give you more control over the jobs you pay for. Check your preferences to make sure you’ve told us which leads you want.
  • New leads reminder email: As a pro, you will now receive a reminder email at 5pm local time for all leads that you haven’t responded to yet. This is our way of helping you respond quickly in order to win more jobs.Reminder2.png
  • Updated lead terminology: You may have noticed that some of your leads are labeled as being an “exact match.” This means that the customer’s job exactly matches the preferences you’ve set for the jobs you want to target, and so you've paid automatically for this lead.  We made this change to make it easier to quickly identify and focus on the leads you’ve already paid for - the leads that are the best fit with your preferences.  Spend your time on these. Labels3.png
  • Requesting reviews within messenger: We received the feedback that you could not request reviews from customers through the app. This improvement now makes it possible for pros to request a review from a customer through the messenger, right in the app. This should help you get more reviews.reviews4.png

• Turning reviews into past projects: For eligible services, you can now turn verified reviews into past projects on your profile.  This way, customers can get a better sense of the work you’ve done on Thumbtack and the great experience other customers had working with you.  Just click on “Feature this project” on a review to get started!

In case you’re curious, here’s one of the updates on the customer side:

• Encouraging flexible scheduling: This update allows customers to give a wider window of availability for when they want their project done, and encourages them to select more days and times when they are free. Ultimately, this makes it easier for you to find a time that works for both you and the customer, and therefore gives you a great opportunity to land the job.
48 responses
TheLast10SF
Level 7

Re: May's product roundup

@JasonB The monthly product roundups are great, but I've got two requests:

1) Could you please include not just new functionality but any functionality that's changed? Knowing depreciated features is as important to know as what you're adding.

2) Is there a way to send the list via email? It's still mysterious to me what threads show up in my highlights and product changes are important enough to warrant direct communication. 

Thanks. 

Highlighted
Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

@TheLast10SF thanks for your note.  Yes, this month's round up includes significant changes to old features...not just new features.

And we do send emails or in-app notifications for siginficant changes! The goal of this post is simply to gather all changes, large and small, in one place.  We're always careful about sending too many emails to pros, but we do link to this post in our monthly pro newsletter, which goes out via email every month.  So every pro has the opportunity to see and read this list!

DJStevie
Level 12

@JasonB 

Can you or someone else please explain to me how these changes will provide quality leads to Pros?

We're still receiving jobs in Jobs Tab up to 150+ miles away. Most of us will not travel outside of our travel preferences that we have set, but that only works for Promote for some reason. Would you travel 300 miles round trip to work for gigs that are way under budget? Or would you travel outside of your travel preference for a job?

As for Exact Match, we had a discussion with @Meckell on this topic 2 weeks ago here , so Exact Match needs further definition from Thumbtack.

https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/How-Thumbtack-works/What-exactly-does-quot-Exact-Match-quot-mean/...

The business hours and Review via Messenger doesn't affect me, as I don't have set hours for DJ business, and I use laptop for all of my correspondence, not a phone(which I explained in previous threads as to why I am unable to be on the phone 24/7)

The email notification, even though it's at a decent time, I would still like to see notifications as they come in, not sit by my laptop 24/7 waiting for jobs.

And what other changes are on the "customer" end besides flexible scheduling? This one doesn't affect me, as I need a confirm date because I rely on other platforms, word of mouth, local ads, etc to fill my schedule, not have a Job Poster provide me a list of dates that he/she possibly wants a DJ for.

But from what I see with these updates, there have been NO significant changes to Promote thus far. So I ask, how much longer do we have to be patient for? Majority of us have given suggestion for improvements 7+ months now

DJ Stevie 5-29-2019

Moderator Kameron

@DJStevie while you may feel that most of these updates don't apply to you, many of these are things that we've heard different pros across all channels asking about for some time and are things that I'm sure many pros will be excited about. Specifically, Per-day Business hours and the Jobs tab distance filter are two that I've discussed with many pros. In terms of working to provide more quality leads the "Added additional targeting preferences" note is a big one that I think will help to do just that for the categories that it applies to. Again, while it may not have been yours specifically I think it's a good indicator and proof that it's not just a concern of yours, but one of our major concerns as well and something that we're working to improve on. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Kameron 

I, for one, haven't seen any of these changes discussed here in the Community.

I belive that you and I discussed travel preferences via Private Message at one time. Many of us will not travel outside of our travel preferences for jobs that are way under our pricing.

As for providing quality leads, can you, @Meckell , @DustiO , or@JasonB answer what additional target preferences are being added/deleted? I haven't seen any notice on that as of yet. Or have they been changed without notifiying Pros?

DJ Stevie 5-29-2019

TheLast10SF
Level 7

@DJStevie re: jobs tab, this actually works much better on the mobile app than on the desktop browser. on the mobile app, you can set a permenant filter to only show jobs by distance, category, and a few other attributes. @JasonB it would be great to have the same filtering on the desktop, like djstevie, I also do most of my job selection on the desktop browser. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@TheLast10SF 

For various reasons, I will not travel outisde of my travel preferences. Back in January, we were still receiving local jobs via jobs tab, and then that was taken away from us, as we were given outside of area jobs for some unknown reason. If I was to even bid on a job say, 25 miles away, I will have to increase my fee a bit, but there is no filter in pricing to include for outside of travel(hope this makes sense).

DJ Stevie 5-29-2019

TheLast10SF
Level 7

Thanks Jason, can you show me where to sign up for the newsletter? I've never received one. Thanks. 

DJStevie
Level 12

@TheLast10SF
I never heard of nor have I ever received a newsletter either. This is news to me
DJ Stevie 5-29-2019