results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: May's product roundup

@HansenJC 

Has your issue been resolved about receiving any emails(newsletters, etc)?

DJ Stevie 8-15-2019

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HansenJC
Level 10

@DJStevieI have little hope of being in the distribution pipeline. Since this topic was first started, I have recieved no roundups from any month. No June Roundup. No July Roundup, No August Roundup.

Have you received anything by email?

It is a challenge to believe anything that is said by any Thumbtack employee. Credibilty is on the wane. Perhaps there have not been any changed worthy of note?

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
DJStevie
Level 12

@TheLast10SF 

Did your email notifications get resolved? I know that my request has been passed on, just waiting to hear back.

DJ Stevie 8-14-2019

0 Kudos
TheLast10SF
Level 7

If you're referring to the monthly newsletter, yes I'm now receiving that to my email address. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@TheLast10SF 

Yes, the monthly newsletter is what I was referring to.  I was told that I would be notified by email when it's resolved. Just wondered if you were receiving it.

DJ Stevie 8-14-2019

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

@JasonB  When you wrote: "And we do send emails or in-app notifications for siginficant changes!" Here is how this plays out for me.

I have never seen any email that forwarned me of changes, deletions, or additions to the TT program. If by chance I lost it in spam, help me out and tell me the email address that would have sent it to me so that I may adjust my spam filter.

And I am certain that I have set my account preferences correctly. I check my settings every time a moderator or staff at TT suggests that it could be my settings.

TT Settings - Announcements and Program changes.png

The importance of getting this Feedback and critical Update Information by email is that I receive so few leads that the moment that I receive a new lead is the WRONG TIME to be reading about a critical change to the TT program. It just might cost me a job while I read the notice for 10 to 20 seconds and then try to decipher how that may impact the response that I am about to send to a Lead.

Many opportunities are time-critical as you well know. Thumbtack keeps reminding us of that fact.

Just send all update notices to the Pros via email.

And send us all updates about how the program works for the Job Posters. Knowing how the Job Posters are guided by Thumbtack may alter how we respond to them. Without that knowledge, we are constantly set behind the learning curve and find ourselves at a disadvantage.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Moderator Meckell

@HansenJC not every update will be notified through email, but some have been. Most of the time pros receive an in-app notification when there is an update. Have you seen those come through? Are you receiving any emails at all from Thumbtack? 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

Re: May's product roundup - No notices by email for me

@MeckellI receive email from Thumbtack for leads and jobs. I have never seen any email related to program updates, changes, or depricated features.

I am not the only Pro who is not receiving notifications by email. While discussing this with other Pros, there have not been any Pros who have said they have ever seen an email that has notified them of program updates, changes, or depricated features.

And as I have said in the past, I would like to receive notification of all changes including knowing how Thumbtack features change for the the Job Posters.

I do not enjoy the game of hide and seek.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
HansenJC
Level 10

Re: May's product roundup - No notices by email for me

@Meckell   Perhaps one of the TT employees who is also a Pro might wish to chime in here. Have any Pros ever received a notice of program updates via their private email (not their internal TT email)? If so, when was the most recent email notice, and what was the email address of the sender?

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
HansenJC
Level 10

Why not email? @JasonB This is a very big issue. This puts us Pros in the position of having the find this post once a month. And what happens when TT must add or expand or clarify what was left out here?

If you will not use email, my suggestion is to create and use a well defined space in the community for "Monthly Program Changes" that is findable.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections