Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Moderator Kameron

Re: Questions about our Terms of Use Updates

@GeorgeH @MR to clarify, the numbers being masked only happens on your profile when a customer is clicking on it to call you and not the other way around. As Lydia said, "to mask the phone number you enter on your profile, track the occurrence of the call, and forward the call to your number." @MR yes, it is possible that this could be what you were experiencing the other day, however, it's hard for us to say as we weren't able to replicate what you were seeing

0 Kudos
MR
Level 11

@Kameron No need for clarification. I had it right the first time. 

What you state here is exactly the issue that I am referring to. The customer clicks on a mask number to call me, the call routes through Twillio before it gets to my phone number. In other words, a third party is in the middle of a call in which the potential client has no knowledge of and would not expect to be present.

0 Kudos
GeorgeH
Level 8

@Kameron... so when I call a client through the Thumbtack portal, the number they see is my real number?  if that's true, then that's ok.. The number you are masking is theirs... I have no problem with that.

0 Kudos
MR
Level 11

@GeorgeH  Also though, just so things are clear and I am correct, when a client views your profile, they may see a masked phone number and not your real number. This is because TT wants to know the client called you so when they call that number, it is logged as a call by TT and then the call is forwarded to your regulr number. 

In that way, lets say someone writes down that number and gives out your number to 10 friends at a cocktail party. All 10 friends call you from their cell phones. I believe at that point you will be charged 10 times for a lead.

Now here is the issue... lets say the client calls you 12 times over a few weeks as the project is being worked on by you and you never gave the client your real number. All he has is the masked number in his speeddial. Does the pro get hit with 12 lead charges??

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@GeorgeH the number masked will be yours when the customer views your profile. 

@MR the first point you’ve made is correct, however, the 10 friends theory is untrue. The customer has to actually click or touch on the phone number shown in the app in order to activate the link so that we can know a call occurred. If the same customer calls you 12 times you’ll only be charged for the first call just as you would for the first message they send in the app.

MR
Level 11

@Kameron Thank you for that clarification. Much appreciated.