results: 10
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Thumbtack Employee TomB
Thumbtack Employee

Save time with saved replies

It’s not always easy to drop what you’re doing and type a message to a new customer. We know you’re busy; enter saved replies.

Instead of taking the time to write the same response over and over (because, who wants to do that?), you can save your favorite responses to resend to more customers.

Let’s say you’re a DJ. The first thing customers might ask you about is a sample playlist or what equipment you provide. You know which questions you get asked all the time. And now you can create saved replies to answer those questions and cut down on your response time (and save your own time too).

Saved replies happen in your Inbox. Open any message and you’ll find a new bookmark icon (next to the paperclip) that’ll let you create, view, edit, and send saved replies.

Promoted Services_Artboard 1@2x.png

If you’re not sure where to get started with saved replies, here are a few tips:

• Look back through your messages with customers to find the common questions they ask you and which responses have worked well. If you find a gem, save it!
  • Type away, but keep in mind you have a limit of 500 characters. If you want to say more, let the customer know where they can go for more information or what they should do next.

Saved replies were created with you in mind, so we hope they’ll help you in your day-to-day and open the door to more conversations (and more jobs). Remember you can still personalize the message by including the customer's name or other details specific to their job. 

Pro tip: don’t forget to check your Insights to see how your response time and response rate are doing once you start sending saved replies.

Have ideas on what would make a good saved reply? Share them in a comment below.

8 responses
DJStevie
Level 11

Re: Save time with saved replies

@TomB 

I can see what you're trying to say. Glad you used the example of a DJ, as I've been in DJ business for 29 years. Where it may save time to save, copy/paste and edit a few things(name, etc), personally, I like writing a different personable message for each customer. I'm very personable and feel I don't need to change what has been a success for me through my career. Customers appreciate the fact that I take time to write a personable message. I get more hires that way because I'm able to put any of their message(cost, situation, etc) in my message, and show that I do care and will work with them.

I've always  attached some files in my initial message, whether here on Thumbtack or when someone contacts me from Google, etc.

Now, what works for me, doesn't necessarily work for everyone. So if the copy/paste/edit works for others, then great. But maybe I'm old school, the way I was raised, and you know what? Being personable hasn't failed me yet. I have my parents to thank for that.

RCPS
Level 7

@TomB , thanks for sharing this info.  For this new feature, is there a way to save attachments like how we used to with template messages?  My first message to prospects includes two PDFs that provide more information about my services.  From what I can tell, I don't see that option in a saved reply.

Please advise, thanks!

~RCPS

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Great question @RCPS! You can add up to 20 attachments to saved replies, just like with your normal messages. Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with. 

0 Kudos

Why hasn't????

@RCPS wrote:

@TomB , thanks for sharing this info.  For this new feature, is there a way to save attachments like how we used to with template messages?  My first message to prospects includes two PDFs that provide more information about my services.  From what I can tell, I don't see that option in a saved reply.

Please advise, thanks!

~RCPS

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Zebrajellyfish @RCPS a quick update on this. Originally the plan was to be able to add attachments to the saved replies, but as of right now it's currently not an option. 

0 Kudos
RCPS
Level 7

Thanks for the update. That is very disappointing to hear. I just feel like every helpful tool that helped us sell ourselves is being taken away. This is highly frustrating.
gkvideoguy
Level 5

It seems to me that Saved Replies is the same as our Quote Templates.
If so, why not create an easy way to import our Quote Templates into the new Saved Replies feature?

Gary

Pintodog
Level 5

Great suggestion
0 Kudos