Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Thumbtack Employee nojoh
Thumbtack Employee

Taking a vacation? Hide your business

We know you work hard. So when you need a break from new jobs, leave the hard work to us. Whether you’re taking a well-earned vacation, or you’re too busy for new customers, now you can hide your business from search results.

hidden-biz.png

When you hide your business, you’re temporarily removed from customers’ search results. You decide when you’re ready to take on jobs again, and new customers can’t contact you until then. Even better, when you’re away you don’t have to decline leads or update your availability (things that affect your rank in search results).

Hiding your business also sets expectations with customers. They won’t reach out and wait for a response when you’re unavailable because they won’t find you in their search. And if they come across your profile another way (like if another customer shares a link to your profile), they’ll see that you’re not taking new customers.

Follow these steps to hide your business: 

1. Go to your Services.
  2. Click the three-dot menu next to “Add a service”.
  3. Click Hide my business temporarily.
  4. Choose what day you want to show up in search results again.
  5. Click Hide my business now.

Your business will reappear in search results at 8am PT on the day you set. If you’re ready to get new leads sooner than that, just follow steps 1-2 above then click Take business live.

And don’t forget to log in when your business is live again so you can respond to customers and keep up your rank. We’ll send a notification to remind you the day before your business is set to go live.

Learn more about managing your work schedule in our help article My availability. If you’ve already hidden your business, let us know how it worked for you in the comments.

1 responses
Daniel_O
Level 7

Re: Taking a vacation? Hide your business

Great to see this finally implemented. It's a necessity when going on vacation. However, I'd say it's a little difficult to find -- being hidden away in the Services tab; I think it should also be placed in the Settings menu.