results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
Community Manager Drew
Community Manager

Thumbtack has teamed up with Google!

Hi pros,

Check out Marco’s blog post for the latest on how Thumbtack is working to help customers find high-quality pros like yourself.

In partnership,

Drew

12 responses
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Thumbtack has teamed up with Google!

@Drew 
Is this for Top Pros? Top spending Pros? Limited categories? All Pros?

I also advertise on Google, so how will this affect me?

DJ Stevie 9-11-2019

Moderator Meckell

@DJStevie Great question. This is currently invite-only in select categories and geographies. The long-term goal is we can open this up to everyone. Today, we're inviting select pros based on criteria like reviews, rating, and responsiveness.

DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell 

Thanks for the reply.

So, is this a "test" at the moment? Is my category involved? Also, how are categories and geographies selected? If this is a test, shouldn't Thumbtack have waited to make mention of it until they see what the test results were?

Also, Can you define the long-term goal in months or years?

DJ Stevie 9-17-2019

0 Kudos
RCPS
Level 7

@Drew Can you elaborate on how this will work for Pros that already have an established presence as a Local Business?  Will the listing be competing with Local Business listing that organically comes up in search (not a paid ad)?

And how will these ads represent Pros?  Will the ads rotate between individual Pros at different time?

Thanks,

RCPS 09/11/19

MR
Level 11

Google Local Services certainly does not support all of the categories that TT does so the blog post is leaving out some critical points. Also, @RCPS brings up a great point in that many of the pros here are already on GLS and it will be needed to know how conflicts are resolved.

Also, I will add that GLS is not available in all areas of the country. Does this offering expand the geography presence?

Moderator Meckell

I apologize for the delay in our response! @RCPS Google My Business information will continue to appear in the web search results and in Google Maps. This new option with Local Services by Google will help your business stand out when people search for your type of business. It offers prominent placement at the top of the search results page.

Ad listings will feature elements of your Thumbtack profile as allowable under Google's format, including your contact information and reviews. They will not contain information that you haven't already shared and advertised on your Thumbtack profile. This is just another reason to make sure that you fill out your Thumbtack profile completely and request reviews from your customers. You create a compelling profile and we’ll work hard to get it in front of as many people as possible.

0 Kudos
RCPS
Level 7

@Meckell thanks for your reply.  I guess I'm still confused about how it will be determined as to which Pro is highlighted or given prominent placement at any given time.  It is a round-robin rotation?  Is it based on our ranking in Targeting?  Is it completely random?

And if I already have prominent placement in Google Search and Google Business, you're saying that additional link will show up with my Thumbtack profile - is that right?  In that case, I see potential benefits (as in repetitive name recognition in search), but I also see an opportunity for the prospect just to reach out to the Pro directly on his/her website with full available contact info as it's a more of a straight shot.  Overall, I think TT's partnership with Google is interesting, but it would probably be a stronger benefit Pros that aren't ranking as high.

Which ties back to my questions above about how it's determined who shows up when and where?  Please shed some light there.

Thanks!

~RCPS 09/16/19

Moderator Meckell

@RCPS  Pros are shown and ranked similarly to how they are in Thumbtack search results today. Pros with budget are shown, and factors that demonstrate a quality customer experience like reviews are taken into account.

When a pro already has strong placement in either Google search results (SEO) or Google My Business (map box) or both, you’re right - your business may be shown multiple times. In many cases this will be a good thing as it makes it more likely the customer chooses to reach out to your business.

vasy
Level 6

That sounds like great news, when is gonna be implemented?

0 Kudos