Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Please clarify how Response Rate is calculated

Response Time is listed in two places on the Insights Tab. Under Top Pro Status, and under How You Compare.

For Top Pro Status, the criteria states -

"Reply to new leads in your Inbox within 4 business hours at least 75% of the time."

For How You Compare, the criteria states - 

How often you respond to direct leads within 4 business hours, 8am-8pm local time. (Last 30 days)

The only difference (it would seem) is that Top Pro measures a 6-month period, while How You Compare measures a 30-day period. The criteria is worded exactly the same. Fine. All good so far. 

BUT I am being told by customer service right now, that for Top Pro - only your intial response to a customer lead is measured within the 4 hour window. BUT for How You Compare, you must respond to every message in the conversation within 4 hours.

First of all, is this true?

Second of all, if it is - why not just say that? Why have the criteria worded exactly the same way for two completely different calculations??

Please clarify - thank you

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Please clarify how Response Rate is calculated

@ScottArcangel If you look at the announcement regarding Top Pro here you'll see that Jason mentioned, "Respond to new leads within 4 business hours at least 75% of the time (this is new)" So, to be a Top Pro, you need to respond to new leads within 4 hours 75% of the time. 

In How you Compare when it says How often you respond to direct leads within 4 business hours, 8am-8pm local time. (Last 30 days) That means that you need to respond to the initial lead within 4 hours. However, it is best practice to respond to every message within 4 hours. 

0 Kudos

@Meckell 

Can you please further clarify?

I understand the Top Pro calculation - but for the "how you compare" calculation, I was told not only do you need to respond within 4 hours to the intial lead - but to every message in the thread as well (this is for response rate - not response time)

Is that true?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@ScottArcangel If you look at my post above, I mentioned that you need to respond to the initial lead within 4 hours. However, it is best practice to respond to every message within 4 hours. I apologize for any confusion.

0 Kudos

@Meckell 

No need to apologize - that was my understanding as well. The confusion is perhaps from the chat support person that told me I must respond to every message in the thread within 4 hours, or my response rate is lowered in the "how you compare" tab.

I always respond quickly - the only time I don't is when a conversation is over and the customer wants to have the last word (a final thank you or whatever) where it would be silly to continue the conversation with an additional "thank you" by myself. But the customer service rep has me worried now, that if I don't ALWAYS have the last word, that it will count against my response rate...

Were they incorrect?

0 Kudos
jcp
Level 9

Re: Two exciting updates to the Top Pro program

Pros need to respond 75% of the time to increase their chances of being a top pro? Pros are to respond 75% of the time? What if only 5% of the leads are worth responding to? Your numbers show that customers more likely to hire if we respond quickly? I respond quickly to every single lead - last 22 leads and 2 hires? About 80% no response back. How about fixing that costly problem. Why am I paying to be promoted and shown to a customer based on the date of their event and then have to pay for them to ask if I am available? That seems like a violation right there.

I never respond to a lead that has been posted for more than 15 minutes - especially if they contacted others pros. That’s how I learned to increase my odds of being hired. However, I’ve had to be on Promote - the only way to stay at the top of the listing. Which has also cost me greatly. Spent $300 on forced leads in July and had a profit of $30. Worst ever in five years! I have chosen to step off the site until changes are made. My stats are awful! So many ghosted leads. Still waiting for those changes that were promised back in May by Marco himself.

So I don’t really find these updates “exciting”.
Moderator Kameron

@jcp if a direct lead is not one you're interested in I want to remind you that declining it does count as a response. If you see an opportunity in the Jobs tab that doesn't interest you then no action is necessary. Again, this only applies to leads that have reached out to you directly through search or responded to a quote you sent manually from the Jobs tab. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jcp
Level 9

@Kameron   -  when on Promote you dont have that option.  I am talking about Promote.  We dont have a choice.   We are forced to pay for the lead if they reach out to us.  If we respond or not or decline or not.  Promote is set up so that no matter what, if the customer clicks on your profile to "check availablity", "set up a call", "wants a quote" . . .    we are forced to pay for those.  The purpose of that was to filter the Pros to the customers based on their criteria - which is great.  Increases the odds of getting booked.  However, whats not right is that through Promote we are filtered to them already telling them "yes" we are available because we were filtered to them.  Our price rate is listed already.  All this information they are given about us but their options to click are "check availability" then  we don't hear from them.   That is wrong.  It's all very sketchy and ensures that Thumbtack gets paid on every single lead and every single click the customer makes.  You can not deny that.  It's a fact.  It's set up as a unfair and unbalanced business practice when a overwhelming amount of leads reach out to me on promote then I follow up immediatly and then never hear back.  Most asking "checking your availability".   Do you not get that?   That question is a direct voilation of the whole "promote" concept.  Then we don't even know if they follow up to any of the pros they reach out to who responded.  I would like to know the percentage of Pros that are getting hired compared to the amount of leads that come in.  In my video production catagory I can't even list a starting price.  So the customer is forced to contact me just to get a price.  How is that fair on promote.  Our price range or starting price or something should be on every single catagory profile.  And the pro can decide if they want to show it or not.  

Lots of issues with this site over the last year.  And trust me, I have actually reached out to many, many pros on this site and have had personal conversations with.  They all agree how the site is not longer as good as it was and has become too costly and not of great value.  Truly sad.  However, we have the right to choose to stay or leave.  And I choose not to participate on this site right now until fair practices and procedures are addressed.  There are so many, many complaints across the communtiy board that have not been addressed.  Some of them are repeatedly the same complaint - and nothing has been done.  You know what they are.  You see it everyday.  

Mac16
Level 5

I have completed all the steps to be a TOP PRO but the badge is not showing in my profile. How can I get that fixed?  Thanks.  Mac

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Hi there @Mac16. The Top Pro program refreshes every six months - once in January and once in July. You didn't make it to Top Pro for the July refresh, but looking at your insights, you're on track for January. Keep doing what you're doing!