Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence

Re: Two exciting updates to the Top Pro program

Solved! Jump to solution
I understand the 4 hour window to contact a lead in my line of work.Iam a plumber so obviously some calls area of the essence or people use other sites.The one size fits all policy is narrow sighted and not well thought out.After reading only a few of the counter arguments posted does the flawed policy become evident.Thumbtack was and is a useful tool for my construction business but I wish we could go back about 2 years...it was simple!!
DaunP
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Once again, you are assuming we can get to our phones just to text that we are busy. My clients are paying me for my COMPLETE attention to their party, they are not paying me to text or talk on my phone. And all the " nudges" and threatening to "introduce the client to other pros" isn't going to change that. I cater at least 2 parties a day. I answer my texts in between as best I can.
vasy
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I think  a background check should be mandatory to open any Thumbtack profile, but it is good news that at least will be a criteria to become a top pro.

I saw many times someone with no hires, no reviews and no background check at the top of the list while top pros with a lot of 5 star reviews, hires and background check are at the bottom of the list. I think this sends a bad message to the customers, implying that Thumbtack list is totally random and meaningless.

MR
Level 11

Solved! Jump to solution

@vasy Just as a point of clarity, and not agreeing or disagreeing with your comments, my understanding is that the fact that someone is a Top Pro has no bearing on where they rank in the pro search list. Thus, it seems that the background check will not be a factor in this search ranking algorithm as well.

That said, I do see benefit in that ranking Top Pros and background checked pros higher may give some intregrety to the ranking - perhaps moreso than the current criteria as how fast someone responds.

vasy
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

yes, I agree with you, I also think that if you dont have a background check you should not be allowed to be on Thumbtack at all.

Solved! Jump to solution

@MR 

Does anyone really know what the ranking criteria is? I mean specifically... we know the factors. But there are all kinds of anomalies in the rankings that don't make sense. I would really love to see the ranking explained specifically - including factors like new profiles getting a boost (which I've been told does, and does not exist)

0 Kudos
DCFGCatering
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution
Haven’t been hired all year.
Smiley Sad
Highlighted
jcp
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution
@DCFGCatering. I literally got choked up when I saw you sad face and comment. It truly is sad how this site has changed. Cost increase, less leads, ghosting, unrealistic filtering, etc. and zero flexibility on refunds. I feel ya!
DCFGCatering
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

Our leads cost 75$ as well.

It just doesn't make sense the changes at least for our business category.

We used to provide such a good service.

Met so many people.

The foundation we built on thumbtack as sustained us and we are a growing business still.

But these changes have hamstrung me.

Our last review was in december and we have over 120 reviews in 4 years

Solved! Jump to solution

Just to clarify @MR, completing a background check improves your overall profile score. Your profile is one of the factors of where you rank, so having a background check essentially does affect where you rank in a positive way. If you have any other insight or questions to add regarding ranking, please do so on current threads that are about ranking. 

View solution in original post