Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence

Re: Two exciting updates to the Top Pro program

Solved! Jump to solution

The 4 hour window IS too small.  I run a small, independent business, like many of your clients.  There is 1 employee, me.  When I start teaching in the afternoon, I run straight thru till the evening closing.  I have no time to think, let alone return messages until afterwards.

EK
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
In a perfect world we would all be happy

Solved! Jump to solution
Done and Done. Happy to respond quickly and get more business for doing so. 🙏🏽
Leopard
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I do the work that I do so not to be tied to a computer all day. Typically I respond early morning or around the end of my day at five.  Telling a Pro that you have to respond well beyond normal hours is unreasonable. 

jcp
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution
If you can not respond immediately - then this may not be the platform for you. Not all forms of advertising will work - find what suits you specifically and invest in that.

Sorry but this is not “exciting” news to me when my business has dropped off significantly and I’ve had 17 paid promote leads in a row with no bookings.

As a business owner for 20 years - when I see people concerned about response time - my suggestion is, that if you can not respond immediately - then this is not the platform for you. Especially in high demand areas or high demand services. Before, when we had a choice to respond only to leads we were interested in, I would never respond to leads if more that 20 minutes passed. My success rate was about 80% on those I reached out to. Customers want immediate response - which is just one reason why they changed this platform. Put yourself in the customers shoes. Are you going to wait 4 hours to reach out to a pro? This platform is not for everyone. Maybe not for you for what you do. Therefore you have to find other ways that will generate business. Though I am unhappy with many things on this site and I’ve lost a lot money - if I can not respond immediately- then I Pause my services. And now it’s mandatory to expand my advertising with other services. Best advice is - if you can not respond immediately - this is not the platform for you. And that’s ok. It is what it is. Be smart about your business and don’t blame TT about this particular process. Many other things you can complain about.

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi everyone! We've received a lot of new comments on this thread and I want to just clarify a few things. Keep in mind that we by no means expect you to respond in the middle of the night or early in the morning. Response time goes into effect from 8am-8pm local time. Also, remember that the 75% response rate means you can take longer than 4 hours every now and then and still qualify. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
NCBallroom
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Counting  from 12 month prior (when 4 hour rule was not in place ) and not from the date  it was implemented, makes no sense and only  drops your response rate. How is that fare? 

0 Kudos
mtimoney
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Jason,

I am a top pro with a lot of 5 star reviews. I haven't gotten any leads since the month of June. Not sure how in the world that can be after my long history of having satisfied clients. That being said, it's gonna be hard to get verified reviews with no leads. I called the other day to see what's wrong and customer service just said there aren't many leads right now. Your thoughts?

Mary

jcp
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution

I would also like to add that Thumbtack boasts all the time how special being a Top Pro is and only 4% make it to that status.  True - it is special.  However, sometimes I see it differently.  Why is it sooooo hard to be a Top Pro?  Only 4% in the entire nation make it?  

If only 4% are able to make Top Pro Status - it can also sound like the platform is too difficult to make it as a Top Pro.  That is just my view point.   And I'm a Top Pro !

If response time, and background check and bookings and 5 star rating and excellent reviews need to be tracked just to get a Top Pro badge and only 4% make it?   That says something about the challenges many are facing to reach that goal.  As noted by the many complaints just in this feed alone.

I recommend that the TT team re-think their wording on this.  At least don't say only 4%.  I'm not even getting a 4% return on my investment with TT in the last two months - and that is dismal news.

As I mentioned in a earlier response ~ if Pros can not respond within 20 minutes - or less - then all the other stuff will work against you.  I just don't even see how response time is even part of the equation - but it is.  

So put your services on Pause and turn it back on when you Can respond.  Letting paid leads sit in your inbox for hours is something you really need to review.  Your odds increase when you can respond immediately and that is the best advice I can give.  It will help with this "tracking" thing too.  It seems.  

Keep in mind - This is a "response" platform.  I want it now!  Smiley Happy)   People are busy.  And with customers allowed to reach out to 4 - 9 - 15 other pros . . .  Response Time Matters!  

Good Luck Pros!

Highlighted
jcp
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution
Jason - This morning I did a search on my neighbors phone for a videographer in my area on Thumbtack. Which is where my service is activated right now. Before putting any filters and just showing the list of videographers I came in number 2 which is good. However, the person above me is NOT a Top Pro and shows 11 reviews - but an overview result of 3 verified Thumbtack hires. THREE. I have 84 reviews and 150 hires and I’ve been a top pro for four years in a row. How do you think I feel when I see this.? I took a screenshot of it but I can’t post it here. I did just send it to Customer Support so you can go look through and see my email. I also noticed that the event videographers - with no filters applied - all currently active - about 96% are new. With under 10 reviews (how many verified hires???). One pro has listed as having 9 reviews but his overview is 1 actual hire. And that Pro is way above two other Top Pros with three times more reviews and hires. These are real stats that I am seeing. So how is this being addressed? Does your team understand what’s going on? My biggest concern is seeing that the first 20 event videographers shown - 15 are new to Thumbtack and have under 10 reviews. Probably less actual verified reviews and actual hires. Stats don’t lie And this is a clear message that Is being validated about Thumbtack and it’s services. How is this being addressed?
0 Kudos