Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: Two exciting updates to the Top Pro program

Solved! Jump to solution

Does the back ground check need a social security number or will a tax id number be good?  

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Good question @computerservice. Because Checkr uses social security numbers to search through national, state, and county records for criminal history, they need your social security number to accurately complete these checks.

If you’re concerned about using Checkr, you can contact them directly with questions. You can reach them at 844-824-3257 or support@checkr.com.

0 Kudos
copythatco
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I completely agree with background checks personally and professionally. We work in government, law enforcement institutions and of course the militay. Background checks give my customers the peace of mind to allow us into their homes and businesses. From all the staff at copythatcolorado.com, we thank our customers!!

0 Kudos
3Vanessavr5
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I would like to take advantage of the background check.  What do you need from me?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@3Vanessavr5 that's awesome! To complete your background check:

1. Go to the Credentials section of your profile.
  2. Under "Background Check" click Start.
  3. In the Checkr window, submit your information.

It can take a few weeks to get results, but you should receive them within 5-7 business days.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

@MR , You're correct. It doesn't matter. I've ranked in the top 5 -10 for the past 5 YEARS prior to my most recent Top Pro award, since recieving this one my ranking has dropped down in the 20 something ranking..there's no consistency that I can see.

I've also had ZERO leads for almost 2 months. This month alone my views for the month of August have declined by more than 50%.

BarisGraphics
Full Time Freelance Graphic Design.
On time and on budget!
copythatco
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I can tell you that depending on a ranking does matter. But when it comes down to giving my customer just what they need, is the most important to my business. So far, after 5 years in business and 3 years running as the top pro in my field, I have surpassed the "5 year fear" and for that, I have only my loyal customers to thank!!

JoeB131
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

@vasy  said - "

I think a background check should be mandatory to open any Thumbtack profile, but it is good news that at least will be a criteria to become a top pro.

I saw many times someone with no hires, no reviews and no background check at the top of the list while top pros with a lot of 5 star reviews, hires and background check are at the bottom of the list. I think this sends a bad message to the customers, implying that Thumbtack list is totally random and meaningless."

Probably the person with no reviews, hires, or background check turned on "Targetting" Or whatever they are calling it this week, while the Top Pro realized it's just throwing money at the tire-kickers.  

I just did my background check because it's a requirement to maintain my Top Pro status.  Not that I was worried, I've never been arrested, have a fantastic credit score because I've paid my bills for the last 40 years, and so on.  

I have more problems with this "Answer in four hours", especially when the leads are ones I never should have gotten to start with. I got one yesterday from Madison Wisconsin.  I don't live anywhere near Madison.  Or even in Wisconsin. 

Please clarify how Response Rate is calculated

Solved! Jump to solution

Response Time is listed in two places on the Insights Tab. Under Top Pro Status, and under How You Compare.

For Top Pro Status, the criteria states -

"Reply to new leads in your Inbox within 4 business hours at least 75% of the time."

For How You Compare, the criteria states - 

How often you respond to direct leads within 4 business hours, 8am-8pm local time. (Last 30 days)

The only difference (it would seem) is that Top Pro measures a 6-month period, while How You Compare measures a 30-day period. The criteria is worded exactly the same. Fine. All good so far. 

BUT I am being told by customer service right now, that for Top Pro - only your intial response to a customer lead is measured within the 4 hour window. BUT for How You Compare, you must respond to every message in the conversation within 4 hours.

First of all, is this true?

Second of all, if it is - why not just say that? Why have the criteria worded exactly the same way for two completely different calculations??

Please clarify - thank you

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Please clarify how Response Rate is calculated

Solved! Jump to solution

@ScottArcangel If you look at the announcement regarding Top Pro here you'll see that Jason mentioned, "Respond to new leads within 4 business hours at least 75% of the time (this is new)" So, to be a Top Pro, you need to respond to new leads within 4 hours 75% of the time. 

In How you Compare when it says How often you respond to direct leads within 4 business hours, 8am-8pm local time. (Last 30 days) That means that you need to respond to the initial lead within 4 hours. However, it is best practice to respond to every message within 4 hours. 

0 Kudos