Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

Two exciting updates to the Top Pro program

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi all, 

As the manager of the Top Pro program here at Thumbtack, I wanted to share an update with our Pro Community about two changes you might have heard about already.

First, we’re so excited to announce the launch of our brand new Top Pro tracker

This new tool lives right in your Insights and will allow you to track your progress towards qualifying for the next Top Pro class.  We qualify Top Pros twice a year -- once in January and once in July. From now on, the Top Pro tracker will always have your latest, most up-to-date stats, so you can see exactly what you need to make the cut.

Tracker.png

Second, as you’ll see in the tracker, we’ve made some changes to the Top Pro qualification criteria.  

Starting with the January 2020 Top Pro class, we will require Top Pros to:

1. Maintain an average star rating of at least 4.8 based on verified reviews (this hasn’t changed)
  2. Receive at least 5 verified reviews in the last year (this hasn’t changed)
  3. Respond to new leads within 4 business hours at least 75% of the time (this is new)
  4. Complete a free background check (this is new) 

We’re now asking Top Pros to respond within 4 business hours simply because our data tells us that customers are more likely to hire a pro when that pro responds quickly.  In other words, getting a fast response makes customers happier. The longer a customer has to wait, the more likely he or she is to leave without hiring anyone at all.  

We see that 4 hours is a meaningful cut off. Of course, responding faster than 4 hours will often lead to better results (responding within an hour, for example, makes you 50% more likely to turn a lead into a conversation). But we feel confident that the 4-hour mark sets an appropriately high bar for our Top Pros without being unrealistic or unattainable. 

If that still feels like too short of a window, keep in mind that it’s 4 business hours, which we define as 8am to 8pm local time.  There’s definitely no expectation that you stay glued to your app all day and all night!  Also keep in mind that the 75% response rate means you can take longer than 4 hours every now and then and still qualify. 

Starting with the January 2020 class, Top Pros will also be required to complete a free background check through Checkr, our free and accredited third-party provider.  Background checks take only a matter of minutes to complete and help to build credibility and customer trust.  Because Top Pros are meant to represent some of the best pros on Thumbtack, it’s important that customers know they can trust our Top Pros.  

The Top Pro criteria requiring a 4.8 average star rating and 5 verified reviews have stayed the same (for more information, click here).

At the end of the day, our Top Pros are an elite group -- currently only 4% of all pros on Thumbtack qualify.  As Thumbtack continues to evolve, so, too, will the Top Pro program. Top Pro will continue to set the standard for what it means to be a fantastic pro on Thumbtack.  

Keep checking back here for more updates and don’t hesitate to reply below with any questions or feedback about this change.

Special shout-out to our July 2019 Top Pros for all of their incredible work! 

For everyone else, we hope to welcome you into the Top Pro community soon.

Jason

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Meckell

Re: Two exciting updates to the Top Pro program

Solved! Jump to solution

Just to clarify @MR, completing a background check improves your overall profile score. Your profile is one of the factors of where you rank, so having a background check essentially does affect where you rank in a positive way. If you have any other insight or questions to add regarding ranking, please do so on current threads that are about ranking. 

View solution in original post

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi everyone! We've received a lot of new comments on this thread and I want to just clarify a few things. Keep in mind that we by no means expect you to respond in the middle of the night or early in the morning. Response time goes into effect from 8am-8pm local time. Also, remember that the 75% response rate means you can take longer than 4 hours every now and then and still qualify. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
94 responses
cranichik
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

@JasonB "We’re now asking Top Pros to respond within 4 business hours "

I guess no one really thought this one through. Depending on what their specific business is, many Pros are working 4, 6, 8, etc. hours at a time and it would be VERY UNPROFESSIONAL if they stopped to answer a lead.

Not everyone sits at a computer all day and has access to do this.

Cranichik 8-16-2019

JoeB131
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

Right on.  I've had customers put in requests at 1 AM in the morning, and I usually don't check my email/phone until about 6 AM.  This is kind of an unreasoable requirement. 

So is the whole background check thing. 

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Just to clarify @JoeB131 the 4-hour response time is within business hours (8am-8pm local time.) So if a customer reaches out at 1am, the 4-hour response window doesn't start until 8am. 

Solved! Jump to solution
Background checks are an absolute necessity. Every company wants to know who they are referring their customers to are honest and verifiable.
V2H
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Having a background check ie being verified as a trustworthy individual is unreasonable? Yikes.
0 Kudos
Txbest
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Has nothing to do with background check read the message
Chefmatt01
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
The time period is 8am-8pm so they aren’t expecting you to answer the lead by 5am. Read the explanation before you complain.
0 Kudos
NCBallroom
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
 I was trying to explain the same thing over the phone and of course it went nowhere. 

My lead comes at 5PM (a Prime Time for my business ) I reply to it at 9:30 PM, when I finish my classes. Boom, 4 hours have past and my response rate drops. My biz hours are different than office hours. Instead of working, I have to think and look at the phone if any leads came through Thumbtack. That is just insane!

The most ridiculous thing is not calculating a response rate  (4 hour) from the day it was implemented , but applying it the past 12 month, when it was ok to answer in 24 hours. My response rate was 85% before 4 hour rule  and now it dipped to 65 % because of this.

I also travel overseas a lot, I can't even reply to my leads from there, because Thumbtack blocks Ukraine, Russia (for example) from accessing it. 

DJBWILL
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
24 hours is the best. Even though I doing it full time. Before it was even hard to respond in 24 hours when I was working.
0 Kudos