Highlighted

Re: Resource of the week: customer phone numbers

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Vtmagic I'm not sure I'm fully understanding what you're referring to. Can you send me a screenshot of this?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
In order for me to do that I would have to go back all of my leads to find an example. That could take hours. And then what would you do about it - NOTHING, just like every other request I've made to Thumbtack.
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@Vtmagic You make a salient point. I understand exactly what you are saying and share the same experience. As I understand it, many customers do want to post their contact info and do not realize Thumbtack is redacting it.

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
And the worst part is that when pros do not call the customer is going to blame the pro, not thumbtack.
Highlighted

Best Answer

@ChefOfAllSeason @Vtmagic again if either of you has any examples of this to share with us we'd be happy to look into it and find the explanation. Right now I'm thinking these could be on leads that you have yet to accept or decline and once the lead has been accepted the phone number should be shown, but again I'd need to see an example to make any conclusions.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
This after the lead was accepted.
You've been asked to look into this and many other issues and I've never heard back, not once.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Best Answer

@Vtmagic thanks for clarifying that detail for me. I myself haven't heard of or been asked about this in the Community and I apologize if you've asked about it through other avenues of support and have yet to receive an answer. I'd like to see what I myself can do to clear this up, provided I'll need to be able to see an actual instance of this.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

It will take hours for me to go back through all those leads to find an example. But I'll try.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Best Answer

@Vtmagic I appreciate you taking the time to try and find an example. Maybe @ChefOfAllSeason has one that he can remember more easily? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@Kameron, on Wednesday I asked you...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Kameron, in the May feedback thread you referenced @DustiO said...

Here’s one example: planning is already underway for customers who are looking to book time with a pro in services where that’s the clear next step. When contacting a pro in these services, customers are being asked to provide a phone number.

Specifically, what is happening with this? Anything yet?

@DustiO, also said... This and other solutions are being explored to improve lead quality beyond providing phone numbers.

Like what solutions exactly? Since May what has been done is this regard?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you please provide an answer to my question please.

Regards,
Laurence.