Highlighted
Best Answer

Resource of the week: paying for leads

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
Best Answer

Hi everyone! This week I wanted to follow up on @Meckell's post last week about the launch of Price Assurance by sharing this article from Thumbtack Help. The article discusses lead costs generally and provides details about Price Assurance.   

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Resource of the week: paying for leads

Community Expert
Best Answer

@ChefOfAllSeason I've been able to gain some further clarification around this. A first-time response of "no thank you" or "I’m going a different route" is only going to be refundable for a lead you gained by sending a quote through the opportunities section. If it’s an exact match or partial match it won’t be, because it's not the first message the customer sent to the pro. Since a customer reaches out with interest initially, that “no thank you ” would be a second response. I sincerely apologize for the confusion on this. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
replies
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@ScottA After reviewing the article link and refund policy, it appears that a "no thanks" first response from a customer on a partial match lead will be refunded. Is this a new policy now?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@ChefOfAllSeason If a pro accepts a partial match lead and the customer's first response is "no thanks" then yes, pros will be refunded. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@Meckell Thanks. If the customer responds with "going a different route" is that the same as "no thanks". I recall you answering in the affirmative some time ago in reference to the Jobs Tab (Opportunities). Will the same be true for partial matches as well?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Expert
Best Answer

@ChefOfAllSeason it looks like this is something that you and Meckell have previously discussed and verified HERE.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@Kameron Thanks for that speedy response and the helpful link to the previous conversation about the Jobs Tab now known as Opportunities. My question is about partial matches. Can you answer my question about partial matches? I am all set with the Opportunities Tab policy. I only ask about the refunds on partial matches. The refund policy link does not say anything about "going a different route" for partial matches. It's the policy about partial matches that was not discussed in the previous thread. Thank you in advance for clarifying my query about partial matches.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Expert
Best Answer

@ChefOfAllSeason the refund policy is a site-wide policy and applies to all lead types.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Veteran
Best Answer
Then you are saying yes. All responses that say “going a different route” are the same as “no thanks”.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Expert
Best Answer

@ChefOfAllSeason I've been able to gain some further clarification around this. A first-time response of "no thank you" or "I’m going a different route" is only going to be refundable for a lead you gained by sending a quote through the opportunities section. If it’s an exact match or partial match it won’t be, because it's not the first message the customer sent to the pro. Since a customer reaches out with interest initially, that “no thank you ” would be a second response. I sincerely apologize for the confusion on this. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I receive leads granted but almost never get a reply message from the customer even after couple of attempt follow up messages and I still get charged. I honestly don't think it's a fair deal on this matter to pay for something you're not getting. As this can feel a little frustrating when trying to build a business.