Highlighted

Anyone else who works remotely nationally suddenly only showing up in your hometown search?

Community Regular
Best Answer

Over the past two weeks, I have gone from regularly having 3500-5000 views and spending quite a bit weekly with Thumbtack. I was thrilled actually because as a life/career coach, I was getting great clients all around the country, getting great reviews and making a huge positive impact in many, many lives. The slide began a couple of weeks ago but I attributed it to the fluctuations of the job market, covid, etc. However, last week, I didn't get one lead and my insight views were down to 1000. This week, I'm down to 76 views -- yep, from 5000. I checked some random markets where I have had clients in the past and I'm nowhere to be seen in the options. Contrasting, I noticed that a non Top pro coach with 2 hires on Thumbtack was listed in both markets (my own and NYC)... say what? I have been getting a run around from support that is almost comical -- as if they are using bots for customer service -- and I promise, I'm not usually a complainer but this is a MAJOR change to my incoming client base. Yes, my profile is beyond solid. My preferences are targeted and clear. My hours are reasonable (nothing has changed). I was getting steady leads AND even reaching out to relevant opportunities. I have been noting steady hires and continuing to get reviews. They suggested that I add services in those other markets (what?) but I'm not going to say that I'm a hypnotherapist nor am I going to start writing resumes in the hopes that MAYBE I will start showing up in national searches again. 

Has anyone else seen this same sort of issue? Most frustrating of all is that the support team doesn't even seem to be reading my emails. They send me generic replies (except for one rep who acknowledged that my profile is super strong) about how Thumbtack ranks and how to read my insights and how a coach with 2 hires and a light profile might for some reason merit ranking higher than me. 

Sigh! Frustrating because i have been a HUGE champion of Thumbtack. I have even been recommending it to new coaches that I have been training. For now, I'm not going to be recommending this site anytime soon until this is resolved. 

Has anyone else faced similar issues? Thanks  --especially if you read this entire post! LOL! #ranking issue #problem #support 

0 Likes
replies
Highlighted

Re: Anyone else who works remotely nationally suddenly only showing up in your hometown search?

Active Community Member
Best Answer
Absolutely the same here. I work remotely and used to get jobs nationwide, now I only appear if you search in my local area (a small town, mind you.) Haven’t has a direct lead since June 23rd.
Highlighted

Re: Anyone else who works remotely nationally suddenly only showing up in your hometown search?

Community Regular
Best Answer
Hi there! I think that I stumbled upon something that you may want to try. I realized that my decline in leads perhaps coincided with having turned off the notifications for additional "opportunities". It seemed like Thumbtack was suddenly flooding my inbox and text with opportunities that were totally a mismatch so I had turned them off. As a hunch, I turned the email notifications back on and all of a sudden, I was getting leads again. I'm showing up again in national searches. Hope that maybe this helps for you as well!
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
Clearly I was wrong! After 4 days of lead volume returning to normal, pin drop again. Probably one of my worst months on Thumbtack since I first joined years ago and customer service has been responding with cut and past replies that have no relevance to my issue. Very, VERY frustrating considering that I was a MAJOR fan and had even recommended this site in one of my courses for new courses. I have taken that course down and will be taking that recommendation out. Trying to get any help seems futile. Argh!
0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer
Yeah, I tried what you suggested and it didn’t change anything for me unfortunately. 😞
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
Yes, mine only stayed working for 3 days twice this month and now back to nothing. I even spoke with a live human being supervisor and they have no explanation regarding how their algorithms work. I'm doing everything that they suggest (except experimenting with replying to $70"opportunities in the hopes that this might show activity in my account). It's a catch 22 because one of the triggers for the algorithm is supposedly activity but of course if you don't have leads how are you supposed to have activity? I tried adjusting my profile last night but so far nothing. I got another 3 days of exposure when 6 clients posted reviews but even that didn't keep me up nationally. It's amazing and frustrating. It has definitely prompted me to start exploring other platforms that might be more reliable. Too bad. I used to be a super satisfied pro and now this has just gotten ridiculous. I feel your pain.
0 Likes