Say Hello.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Now that you’re here, say hello to pros in your area. Here are some questions to get the conversation started.

• What’s been your biggest success? Personal or professional.
  • What’s the one thing you would tell a new Thumbtack pro?
  • Tell a story about one of your most memorable jobs or customers.
  • What was the biggest obstacle when starting your business?

Answer one of these questions yourself, and chat with other pros about their answers. Let’s get to know each other! 

Icebreaker_question_cards-4.pngIcebreaker_question_cards-3.pngIcebreaker_question_cards-20.png

@PomeranzLawPLLC 

replies
Highlighted

Re: Say Hello.

Miami board Lead
Best Answer
Hi Thumbtack Community and thank you Marie for the invitation to post. Community, especially in these trying days, is especially important, and Thumbtack’s online community offers a great way for us to remain connected. I look forward to reading about each of your achievements and stories and helping to develop the Miami community. Please be safe and keep positive during these trying times.

What has been my biggest professional success?

Taking the leap.

In a prior role, I served as the defacto General Counsel for multiple businesses and was based out of a publicly traded company’s Executive Suite in Europe. The opportunity could not be paralleled. Few attorneys have the chance to work abroad, let alone sit at the decision-making table. The maturation process allowed me to refine my legal skills, and also develop “soft skills” – messaging, interfacing with Executives, leading teams and understanding how to get things done.

Upon returning to the states in 2017, I knew I wanted more than a job. Jobs are great when you begin a career, especially in a field where mentorship is so valuable; however, the ceiling, regardless of how high you ascend, never disappears. Jobs also offer a reliable source of income, which is ever-so-important as you take on more personal responsibilities (e.g., family, house, etc.).

With a driving force to do something for myself, and more importantly, my family, I formed Pomeranz Law PLLC, a law firm focusing in business and real estate, in November 2017. The decision was easy. What to do next was the question I had to answer, and as further discussed in my video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAVW9qa-YvE (beginning at 2:36), I did what any new business owner has to do – work hard.

Owning a business introduces new challenges every day and is forever demanding of time, energy, etc. And yet (or maybe because of), I have never done anything as rewarding in my professional career. It also does not hurt having a view without a ceiling!

Best,
Jeffrey E. Pomeranz
Pomeranz Law PLLC
pomeranzlaw.com
Highlighted

Re: Say Hello.

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I would tell a new thumbtack pro to treat every home they inspect as if it were there own home. Also communicate with the client while performing the inspection. I have heard from many realtors and clients that they don't like being surprised when the see the inspection report.
Highlighted

Hello

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Hello my name is Elizabeth, Im here in S. Florida. Iv'e been on T.T. for a few years. 

*post merged to existing conversation by moderator on 03/18/2020*

Highlighted

Re: CHALLENGE ITEM: Say Hello.

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
One thing I would tell a new Thumbtack Pro is to fill out EVERYTHING on your profile. If you don't know the answer find it. From your services to your licenses, to answering the about you questions complete all of it. Show that you are a REAL company, with a REAL person completing everything. There is real value in customer's being able to weed out the joe-smo guy listing his handman work, and a real company!
Tiffany Ghent - Operations Manager