Highlighted

Your Questions, Answered

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

We asked Miami area pros to submit your questions to us in advance. We put together answers to the most commonly asked questions below.

• Q: “How can I be a Top Pro?”
    • Here’s what you need to do to become a Top Pro:
      • Be fast. Top Pros respond to new customers within four business hours — the hours that fall between 8am - 8pm, local time — at least 75% of the time.
      • Do great work. Top Pros Maintain a rating of at least 4.8 based on on verified reviews. 
      • Ask for reviews. Top Pros have recieved at least five verified reviews in the last year.
      • Build trust. Top Pros complete a background check to increase customer trust and build credibility

Be sure to check out our Help Center article Thumbtack Top Pro for more info!
  • Q: ”What is the best way to win most of your bids?” 
    • Pros want to hear from fellow pros on this one! @jpomeranz What are some tips that you have on winning the customer over and landing the job?

• Q: “How do I get more customers for jobs that I want to do?”

• Be sure to set your targeting preferences to get more of the jobs you always want. That way, you’re in control of the customers that find your business.

Have a different question? Post it in a comment below for our team (or another pro) to answer!

0 Likes
replies
Highlighted

Re: Your Questions, Answered

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
1) I charge a minimum of three hours, because profit and loss does not work charging less. This is stated in my profile questions and answers, I do not find other spot to write this in any of the Services preferences.

2) I do 3 kind of works:
a) New furniture assembling;
b) Art/picture/mirror/closet installation;
c) Electrical exchange/terminations (all that can be done if the customer has the wiring already done).
For this 3 works, I needed to activate 9 services, and not all the services have targeting preferences to adjust, for all the customers needs.

3) For Electrical Fixtures Exchange, I do not work with "high hats", is no place to set this kind of work.

4) For Shelf and Closet Installation, I do not work with "wire shelfs", is no place to set this kind of work.

5) Ceilings Height Classifications, for fan/fixture installation. The ceilings height classification in fan services has two preferences: only under or over 8 feet. In the lights services I can choose: under 8; 8 to 10; 10 to 14; and over 14 feet. The person who wrote this does not have experience working with ladders, because from 10 to 14 feet the ladder is not the same, also the ladder for 14 feet ceilings, normally, does not fit under 10 feet ceilings rooms.
The correct classification would be: under 8, 8 to 9, 9 to 13, and over 13 feet. Please change!!! This issue is going to need lots of contact fee refund requests.

6) The Contact Fee, for Lights fixtures exchange/installation and Cabinetry have classification issues. For 1 light is $6, for 2 to 10 lights is $20, and over 11 lights is $21, so is too high for the small jobs. I suggest to make it for 1 ant 2 lights $6, for 3 and 4 lights $10, for 5 to 10 lights $15, and over 15 lights $21. For cabinets there is no classification, only says up to $37. Please, fix both fee charges. Thanks for understanding, by example you can check the Furniture assembling fees, that have good classification.

7) Some services have job, area and help classification with an "Other" service, I am scared to mark this, because I could get a request I do not work with because "Other" can mean everything, this "Other" is wrong?, or what do you mean?

😎 For wall Hangings, I do not hang "curtain rods", is no place to set this kind of work.

9) In the Fitness, and Furniture, assembly services, the Base prices for customers, can only be set for a flat price, not by hours. Some kind of fitness machines and furniture, with the same Name, need very different times to put together. Please modify both base prices preferences.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer
Hey there @Unicornio thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us here in the Community. We are working hard to continue to evolve targeting preferences for all services on Thumbtack, so all of this feedback is extremely helpful.
Although we can’t offer an immediate fix to your concerns, I can promise that this feedback is being passed along. At this time we recommend setting your preferences as specifically as you can and continue giving us your feedback.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
This is going to generate lots of refunds because will be wrong target sent to me.
0 Likes