Meet event DJ, Antwon Smith.

Thumbtack Writer hannahL
Thumbtack Writer
7 3 272

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 2.59.04 PM.png

Antwon Smith is DJ Intel, a successful Top Pro DJ in Orlando, Florida. Here’s how he built his business, as told to Thumbtack:

You have to have a good spirit and good energy, and you have to keep going. There have been gigs where felt like I could have done better, but people thought I did a great job because they can’t see all the details that I can. So even if you feel like you’re having an off night, have good energy with people, treat the customer well, and make them remember you. You can be a great DJ, but if you don’t have great customer service, leave a good impression, or do exactly what the people are hiring you to do, they won’t want to want to leave a good review, they won’t want to refer you, and your name won’t spread.

I’m a university student and a DJ — and Thumbtack is helping me pay my way. Freedom is the biggest thing Thumbtack gives me. I used to spend so much time looking for new customers. Now I can invest that time working and making money and investing in my future.

Tell your self-made story here in the Pro lounge.

3 responses
DJFEELGOOD
Level 4

I have been a DJ for over 20 years I just started my mobile DJ service about 2 years ago here in Sarasota Florida I would like to know how do I go about getting more customers

Moderator Jordan

Hey @DJFEELGOOD we have a Get Hired Guide on our Pro-Center. It's a great base to start off at and will help you out on Thumbtack. However, look out for a private message from me. I checked out your profile and have a specific suggestion to help you out. Give me a minute and I'll get that sent.

DJFEELGOOD
Level 4

OK WILL DO