Meet event DJ, Antwon Smith.

Thumbtack Writer hannahL
Thumbtack Writer
8 4 797

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 2.59.04 PM.png

Antwon Smith is DJ Intel, a successful Top Pro DJ in Orlando, Florida. Here’s how he built his business, as told to Thumbtack:

You have to have a good spirit and good energy, and you have to keep going. There have been gigs where felt like I could have done better, but people thought I did a great job because they can’t see all the details that I can. So even if you feel like you’re having an off night, have good energy with people, treat the customer well, and make them remember you. You can be a great DJ, but if you don’t have great customer service, leave a good impression, or do exactly what the people are hiring you to do, they won’t want to want to leave a good review, they won’t want to refer you, and your name won’t spread.

I’m a university student and a DJ — and Thumbtack is helping me pay my way. Freedom is the biggest thing Thumbtack gives me. I used to spend so much time looking for new customers. Now I can invest that time working and making money and investing in my future.

Tell your self-made story here in the Pro lounge.

4 responses
DJFEELGOOD
Community Newcomer

I have been a DJ for over 20 years I just started my mobile DJ service about 2 years ago here in Sarasota Florida I would like to know how do I go about getting more customers

Moderator Jordan

Hey @DJFEELGOOD we have a Get Hired Guide on our Pro-Center. It's a great base to start off at and will help you out on Thumbtack. However, look out for a private message from me. I checked out your profile and have a specific suggestion to help you out. Give me a minute and I'll get that sent.

DJFEELGOOD
Community Newcomer

OK WILL DO

cdm
Community Newcomer

DJ Intel was very professional and easy to work with. He kept the party going, there was never a dull moment on our special day. I would highly recommend him to anyone for their special event/wedding. Thank you DJ Intel! Corey & Danielle M.