Turning a mess into business success.

Community Manager TaylorS
Community Manager
6 7 1,983

New PHLOTO3.jpg

This month, we’re celebrating the freshly-crowned Top Pro class of 2019, starting with Laura Brooke – a professional organizer from Philadelphia who transformed a career in corporate productivity into a successful solo venture.  

Laura is the kind of pro people come to Thumbtack to find: talented, responsive and highly-rated. But more importantly, she’s a partner to her clients. Here’s her story.

Before I started PHL Organizer in 2015, I was working in business management and corporate productivity. I loved having a career that played to my strengths: efficiency and organization. But I realized doing that type of work in a corporate setting didn’t leave me as fulfilled as I wanted to be. I wanted to help people on a more personal level, in their homes and daily lives. So I started a local house cleaning business and as I got more organizing experience, I moved into organization exclusively.

The best part about running my business is that I get to set my own tone for the company. When I know I’m doing my best work and giving my clients my all, it’s nice to know that’s good enough. It’s not about working 24/7 to keep up. It’s about having high standards but not burning out. Putting the client first and making them happy. It feels like a luxury to no longer worry about company policies or corporate agendas that don’t make any sense.

I’ve been in business almost 4 years now and I still get as excited for every new client as I was with my first. I’ll never forget my first client. I remember being so nervous on the drive over to our session. But when I got there, everything just felt right. I was in my element and had a great time. I knew that day: this is what I was meant to do. It’s one of my favorite work experiences. I still feel that same excitement, seeing the joy on my clients’ faces when their homes are organized and complete. There is no greater reward for me than that.

Laura is a professional organizer and personal coach based in Philadelphia, PA. She was awarded Top Pro status in January 2019, for her exceptional work and customer service.

7 responses
Moderator Meckell

So amazing!

StormySays
Level 1

Thanks for sharing!

Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

This is so great!

EricaT
Level 4

Congratulations! I'm a home organizer in Los Angeles and am starting to use the Thumbtack platform to reach more people. Glad to see a fellow organizer finding success on here!!

TackMaster LZDNVG
TackMaster

@EricaT Thank you! I wish you nothing but success on Thumbtack. Let me know if you need any help getting started Smiley Happy

EricaT
Level 4

Thanks! I think I'll take you up on your offer!!

What's the best way to contact you?

TackMaster LZDNVG
TackMaster

laura@phlorganizer.com - Sorry, just seeing this @EricaT !

About the Author
Hey pros, we're happy to have you here in the Community! This is a great place for you to connect with other pros, give ideas, and share your successes! I, along with other members of the team are here to help the Community run smoothly, and of course, create a sense of partnership with you pros! If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. We aim to get back to you within 24 hours - aside from holidays and weekends. If you're ever looking for immediate customer support, I encourage you to utilize one of our many available customer support channels. I look forward to connecting with you all!