Turning a mess into business success.

Community Manager TaylorS
Community Manager
6 7 1,660

New PHLOTO3.jpg

This month, we’re celebrating the freshly-crowned Top Pro class of 2019, starting with Laura Brooke – a professional organizer from Philadelphia who transformed a career in corporate productivity into a successful solo venture.  

Laura is the kind of pro people come to Thumbtack to find: talented, responsive and highly-rated. But more importantly, she’s a partner to her clients. Here’s her story.

Before I started PHL Organizer in 2015, I was working in business management and corporate productivity. I loved having a career that played to my strengths: efficiency and organization. But I realized doing that type of work in a corporate setting didn’t leave me as fulfilled as I wanted to be. I wanted to help people on a more personal level, in their homes and daily lives. So I started a local house cleaning business and as I got more organizing experience, I moved into organization exclusively.

The best part about running my business is that I get to set my own tone for the company. When I know I’m doing my best work and giving my clients my all, it’s nice to know that’s good enough. It’s not about working 24/7 to keep up. It’s about having high standards but not burning out. Putting the client first and making them happy. It feels like a luxury to no longer worry about company policies or corporate agendas that don’t make any sense.

I’ve been in business almost 4 years now and I still get as excited for every new client as I was with my first. I’ll never forget my first client. I remember being so nervous on the drive over to our session. But when I got there, everything just felt right. I was in my element and had a great time. I knew that day: this is what I was meant to do. It’s one of my favorite work experiences. I still feel that same excitement, seeing the joy on my clients’ faces when their homes are organized and complete. There is no greater reward for me than that.

Laura is a professional organizer and personal coach based in Philadelphia, PA. She was awarded Top Pro status in January 2019, for her exceptional work and customer service.

7 responses
Moderator Meckell

So amazing!

StormySays
Level 1

Thanks for sharing!

Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

This is so great!

EricaT
Level 4

Congratulations! I'm a home organizer in Los Angeles and am starting to use the Thumbtack platform to reach more people. Glad to see a fellow organizer finding success on here!!

LZDNVG
Level 7

@EricaT Thank you! I wish you nothing but success on Thumbtack. Let me know if you need any help getting started Smiley Happy

EricaT
Level 4

Thanks! I think I'll take you up on your offer!!

What's the best way to contact you?

LZDNVG
Level 7

laura@phlorganizer.com - Sorry, just seeing this @EricaT !