Highlighted

360 Photography Option?

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Hi,

I'm a 360 Photographer that is new to Thumbtack. So potential clients know that, I've posted it in my Intro right away that I'm a 360 Photographer. I just got my paid first lead, but I can't see the scope of a project until I Accept the project, so I accepted it in hopes that they knew my business model. Unfortunately, that wasn't what they were looking for. So I paid for a lead that doesn't match my business.

I'd really like to use this platform, but I don't see an option for 360 Photography as an area of Photography accepted. Is there somewhere I can post this as a feature recommendation? If I get another lead and the same thing happens, I may have to deactivate my account until a feature can be included. Thanks in advance for any advice. 

0 Likes
replies
Highlighted

Re: 360 Photography Option?

Community Expert
Best Answer

@VRticalMedia I'm not seeing an option for 360 photography listed either. So that I can provide additional context with your suggestion, can you go into a little bit more detail about what that includes?

Is this done with a drone? I see in your profile under Service details and Real estate and architectural photography that you have "I can work with customers who don't need drone or aerial photography" selected. Could deselecting this option help or am I completely off base?

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Hi @Kameron,

Thanks for responding. I missed the drone piece, so I'll deselect that option. However the lead I got did not need drone photography. From my understanding, there isn't a way for the client to choose the option for 360 photography as a service that they need. If this is true, then this is where the disconnect is.

I may have assumed that this platform would work for my needs. Until 360 Photography is included on both ends(client & pro), I don't think it's going to work. I haven't seen any other 360 photographers on here to be honest. I think that it should be included on the platform. We need to have a place to post our services just like the rest of the photographers out there.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer
360 spherical photography requires specialized equipment and skills. Unless you specialize in the this service, the average photographer will not have the proper rig to do it. 360 photos are used alot in the real estate market but has many other uses in industrial, travel and entertainment markets.
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@VRticalMedia I'd really like for Thumbtack to be able to provide and meet both your needs and other pro needs that provide the same services. I've passed your feedback along for our teams to look into and consider adding 360 photography.

@mm Thank you for helping us to better understand by providing that additional context.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

@Kameron Thank you for sending this up. I don't really want to leave the platform, so I hope they can introduce this as a feature.

@mm Yes thanks for providing extra input. I do have the equipment, which is the only reason why I created a profile on Thumbtack.. To produce more leads for my business. Not just in real estate, but architecture and commercial. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer
Yeah I figured you did. I used to do spherical back in the day when we had to machine our own brackets and stitch by hand. Now it's so "easy" ;-).
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

@mm That's pretty awesome that you did. And it's still a thing. The people who have those rigs have the bigger clients. Someday I'll get there. 

0 Likes