Highlighted

Ask me to ENABLE TARGETING one more time...

Active Community Member
Best Answer

It’s no secret that by enabling targeting feature is good for Thumbtack. But it’s NOT for the pro that is listed in a category with more than a few other pros(which is pretty much every category)... I have been a pro on TT for quite some time now. I have done the math. This makes no difference to the customer, but increases profits for TT to charge pros instantly, while allowing everyone else to bid on a job at the same time. What’s worse is that when there’s an opportunity that shows that 0 pros have responded, the truth is that multiple pros have already responded. Some may call it a glitch, or possibly a delay in the system. As a business person, Myself, I sure know what I see it as... So I completely understand it’s a business. Whether it’s honest or not, is up to Everyone to decide on their own. I simply choose To Not enable the targeting preference on my account for these obvious reasons...

Now on to the point of my post:

I don’t know what’s more annoying, the ad that’s posted across the app, that takes up half of the page, when writing a message to every customer, or When a pop up box comes up on the screen, after EVERY quote that you send, forcing you to close out of the Pop up box which is suggesting to ENABLE TARGETING... um, No thank you. How many times can you ask someone if they want to buy something before it’s considered harassment? this shouldn’t be any different.

I rest my case.

*Post moved from the Share Ideas board to the Targeting board on 05/12/2020 by Moderator*

Occupations (1)
replies
Highlighted

Re: Ask me to ENABLE TARGETING one more time...

Active Community Member
Best Answer
So let me follow up with this now that TT essentially gave the More experienced pros the short end of the stick with forcing everyone into using the targeting option to be able to get recognized at all anymore in searches..... charging someone to as you use them as bait, just to give away the lead to the lowest bidding, inexperienced pros, before the pro the was actually chosen in the first place by the customer, is NOT RIGHT! Explain to me and the rest of the TT community how this is fair...

And please save the auto responses about The pros paying to have TT put them in front of customers, because with this new extreme push for targeting, it’s Hardly the case....

This is NOT one of the reasons why Pros sign up for this website. And it’s also not how you lure a potential new pro in to sign up either. This is ‘bait and switch’ tactics 101.
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I totally agree and while some changes have been made, it's not enough. TT charges too much period, bc you should only be charged when you 100% have the job. All other competitors do not charge every person that's contacted. However, they only charge the company who was able to win the job. Also, just bc they look at your messages you get charged? What about if they read your reply after the charge and never respond back? There should be a limit on time on this as well. I don't like being charged for leads just to advertise my business bc us pros are loosing money this way, while TT gets rich. I hope someone acknowledges this on the TT support as this is important to a lot of us. I'm turning my auto pay off until resolved. If someone is interested in an experienced person as myself or wants someone with quality cleaning that charges more. I will get leads still, my profile speaks for itself.

Community Regular
Best Answer
I just want to get in and get out. I don't want to be reminded about targeting. In TT's mind it may be a perfect match but customers are people who change their minds and NOTHING is perfect. So when I turn targeting off, I dont want to hear about it anymore. Period.