Highlighted

Getting Leads While Marked Away or Unavailable

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I am a newer pro that has been having a problem with automatic leads while I am marked out in my calendar. on the calendar page it even says you "You’ll never pay automatically for leads when you’re on vacation or booked up." I have now been not only charged for leads outside my regular hours. Many times between midnight and 3am but, also on days where I marked myself unavailable for the entire day. This is frustrating to pay $66 for a lead I am unable to respond to. I also had a responds quickly until these leads went unanswered. I was away from cell/internet service and was truly unavailable. 

I asked for a refund on both and asked how to keep this from happening again. I received a form response that these were not eligible for refund with no help on how to fix this issue. 

Please let me know what I did wrong. I like the automatic leads but will have to turn it off if this isn't fixed or at least allowed refunds.

replies
Highlighted

Re: Getting Leads While Marked Away or Unavailable

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Welcome to Thumbtack @NVUSWebsites. I'm sorry to hear this is going on and would love to connect you to our support team so they can look into this and get you taken care of. Please give them a call at 800-948-2034 Monday-Friday 7am-6pm MST. Let me know if you have any questions! 

0 Likes

Re: Getting Leads While Marked Away or Unavailable

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
You are not the only one. We are also getting charged for leads during calendar periods that we have blocked because we are too busy. Thumbtack reps told me it was because the customer chose the option of being open to other dates we suggest that were outside of our blocked date range. I LITERALLY just had my office manager log in on her cell phone and schedule a test job to see and guess what. There is no are you open to other dates, it wasn't even showing us blocked for the dates that we are indeed blocked for. This is dishonest and ridiculous. Thumbtack has been a decent lead source but cheating small businesses out of hard earned dollars is a great way to start losing business and getting bad reviews posted for your company. This needs to be addressed and dealt with immediately.