Highlighted

I Want To Turn Targeting Off

Community Veteran
Best Answer

I am unable to turn Targeting off..... without lying about the reason I want to turn it off. And if my reason is not shown in the many choices, I am not allowed to leave this area of the Thumbtack software.

I should have the right to turn off Targeting without giving a reason.

And being forced to lie is fraud. I will not commit fraud.

And, I should not have to contact a support person who is trained to ask for a reason.

And, there is no way to start a chat session. (It is broken or they are all 'away').

The result is that I am unable to turn Targeting off.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
States
replies
Highlighted

Re: I Want To Turn Targeting Off

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@HansenJC You can pause it, but you can not turn it off. Ever.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

My BAD!  I meant to say 'Pause'. But even doing that we are forced to accept one on their prepared responses to the question: "Tell us why you want to Pause targeting". Actually if they only has the correct answer i would have chosen it.

Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@InspectionsJCH I forget... what are the canned auto click responses?

0 Likes

Active Community Member
Best Answer

@ChefOfAllSeason  The answers include things like: "I am going on Vacation" and "I'm not getting hired" and "I'm not getting any leads". I do not recall each reply accurately, but there is a theme. The next time I un-pause it and then pause it, I will do a screan grab of the choices.

Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@InspectionsJCH I appreciate it. I did the pause and unpause about 4 times for each of my services last summer when I started to use Target for two of my services. I didn't understand how it works and still some of it baffles me. If TT would take a step back and look at their entire auto click motif it will become obvious how it does not work well. Additionally, we are not obligated to give any response or explanation why we choose to pause or deactivate any feature on this platform. I reviewed the updated TOU (it goes into effect January 1st) and nothing is stipulated on this issue. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

I think you can just click the "X" in the upper right corner (at least on the desktop version) and avoid having to answer the questions.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@MR  I think I tried that, and it does not actually pause Targeting.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

I may have missed one or more of the screen shots, but here are some of the answers. The one answer I wish they had offered is: "I want a much more granular level of details about the jobs that I wish to target so that I will actually have jobs sent to me that meet my criteria."

Q1.pngQ2.pngQ3.pngQ4.pngQ5.pngQ6.png

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

"I want a much more granular level of details about the jobs that I wish to target so that I will actually have jobs sent to me that meet my criteria." Is a better version than the one click auto pick buttons.

Thanks.

0 Likes