Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let’s talk about promoting your business

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Hello Thumbtack, I would like for you to promote my business in the carpet installation catagory where the pro provides the carpet. I no longer want carpet install unless I supply the carpet. Is that possible?  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Expert
Best Answer

@7718 I'll be happy to pass along the feedback to add that filter for your category. In the meantime, I recommend mentioning in your bio that you supply carpet as well if you haven't already.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Thank you

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

I’ve not had a good lead since last October. Based on some recommendations I received here and from other sources, potential clients have been few and far between. I’ve added videos and some new content. Admittedly, putting together a website has been difficult as I don’t have my own brick and mortar training space as I rent space from another local established fitness business where advertising is not an option. I possess the necessary equipment for training clients inside my garage. The above mentioned videos of my garage gym don’t seem to be attracting any interest. Any suggestion would be useful.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Capfit, I wonder if it's simply more pros joining Thumbtack. I've noticed way more pros in my category. 

Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Hi @Capfit96,

I hear you that some categories are very competitive in certain areas. The best way to succeed in those markets is to boost your rank so that you appear as high as possible in those search results. Once you’ve filled out your profile, added prices, and gotten as many great reviews as you can, the next thing to focus on is accepting and responding to customer as quickly as you can. If you haven’t already, you should download our app to help make that easy. The last thing you can do is promote your business for the jobs you always want. You’ll get a rank boost for those jobs and along with a 20% discount, so you can get more of the leads you want for less.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
Whatever algorithm you changed to screwed me. Prior to the change I had a 100% 5 star reviews, a faster than average response time, and a little below average on price. nobody can find me. Great. Please do not give me canned responses or double talk. It's counterproductive
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I am out of the country and cannot participate. Will I be able to access the sssion on line after you are finished.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

Hi, when I tried, Promote Your Business, I didn't get any leads. So I had to cancel. 

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

a Large amount of custmers didn't response our quote or message, I don't think Thumbtack should charge for that.