Highlighted

New Targeting policy hurts consumers as well.

Community Regular
Best Answer

When a consumer looks for a service on TT they assume they are seeing a fair representatin of pros in their area that are a pretty good fit.  They do not assume that the list is filtered by those who are paying to appear on that list which is in essence what this new policy does.  To me it only servers one purpose and that is to increase the revenue for TT, which I get, but to disguise that as something better for the pros and consumers is just plain dishonest.  Regretably if this policy stays, I will not.

replies
Highlighted

Re: New Targeting policy hurts consumers as well.

Active Community Member
Best Answer
Exactly! The consumers also don't have as many choices as they did before. Honestly, if I were searching for a pro or service, I would not consider TT a leader in the field anymore. There are 10-12 pros in my category now, as opposed to 20+ that were there before. I have been receiving more requests and hires through Fash lately, and I often see the exact same requests on TT, so consumers are obviously exploring all their options. And since Fash is far more economical for the Pro, I respond thru Fash, not TT.