Highlighted

Re: Thumbtack poor customer service / promote

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Just when I click "Submit" I got this message 
"WE ARE SORRY, BUT THIS REQUEST IS CLOSED BECAUSE IT MAY HAVE EXPIRED OR BEEN CANCELED"

It can't ne possible, because I just received the email and tried to apply...

Please help

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Marcus1 That message is indeed not an error. If a customer closes their request or if five pros quote on the job through the Jobs tab, it will be removed from the Jobs tab and you will not be able to quote. You will get this message if you open the quote right before it's closed.

Keep in mind that a lot of your categories are remote categories and therefore, you're competing with more pros than just ones in your areas. As I mentioned above, once the customer receives five quotes just from the Jobs tab, it will be removed. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

@Meckell wrote:

@Marcus1That message is indeed not an error. If a customer closes their request or if five pros quote on the job through the Jobs tab, it will be removed from the Jobs tab. You will get this message if you open the quote right before it's closed.

Keep in mind that a lot of your categories are remote categories and therefore, you're competing with more pros than just ones in your areas. As I mentioned above, once the customer receives five quotes just from the Jobs tab, it will be removed. 

Meckell, I understand that if I had waited like 30 minutes to answer, then so many other pros could have answerd her, however it took me less than two minutes to answer and the travel preference said remote...

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Marcus1 when it's remote, you're competing with even more pros and there is a good chance that it got filled up within two minutes, or the customer canceled the request. Are you seeing this happen often? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

All the time, there's no job submit I clicked to submit that went through for a couple of days...

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

if you look at the screenshot I posted there was only 1 pro response at that time

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Marcus1 I just checked Nicole's request, and I am seeing that five pros indeed quoted on it through the Jobs tab. The request was created at 1:55pm MST and received five quotes by 1:59pm. As you can see, it fills up in minutes and while you were getting your quote ready to send, the other pros pushed their quotes through. I apologize for any confusion!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

@Meckell wrote:

@Marcus1when it's remote, you're competing with even more pros and there is a good chance that it got filled up within two minutes, or the customer canceled the request. Are you seeing this happen often? 

Meckell, I'm really sorry to bother again, but I just tried to submit to other posts and it happend the same thing. Hoe can I get someone from Thunbtack to review my account and see if there's something wrong on the preferences, a bug etc? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Marcus1 I'll look into a few things and send you a private message with more info. Keep an eye out for that within the next few minutes. 

Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Hi Meckell,

I understand that if I had waited like 30 minutes to act, however it took me less than 2 minutes and when I clicked submit it was closed? On the other hand the travel preferences because it said "remote"

0 Likes