Highlighted

Pros chime in only if you are happy with Targeting

Community Regular
Best Answer
I have read many posts from pros who, like myself, are not at all pleased with TTs new mandatory job targeting and I’m curious to hear from any and all Pros who this is ACTUALLY working for. Does anyone find that this is a positive move for their business?
replies
Highlighted

Re: Pros chime in only if you are happy with Targeting

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Not working for me, that is for sure. It is intended to work only for TT anyway... but i doubt that it will be for long. Soon enough people will start canceling their accounts i think ... it is just becoming more and more unfair.
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Based on the title of this thread, I'm not allowed to chime in.
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
I believe the majority of Pros are like you and I Excalibur and the new change does not work for them. There are many post to that effect. I was curious if there was anyone at all who is 100% happy. Doesn’t seem so from the minimal response. 1 happy person so far.
Thanks 🙂
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Hi- I started my pro account 3 weeks ago and I'm by in large quite happy with the targeting. I teach piano and violin lessons, including online lessons, and I have gotten 47 leads and 11 students in the last 3 weeks.
I still have potential customers who don't pay attention to the fact that I'm not in their state and they want in person lessons, but TT doesn't charge me for those.
I have been charged for one or two customers that stated they were ok with online lessons, and didn't realize they had marked that. However, I have found out there is a way to request refunds for these.
The only issue I am currently having is this. I notice in my profile under location that I can set that I offer online lessons for piano. However, there is no such option for violin. I don't know why the 2 services don't both have the option of online lessons? Online lessons work just as well for violin as they do for piano! This is probably a big reason why I have hardly gotten any leads for violin lessons.

Susan
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer
Guess I can’t chime in, but I’m going to anyway.
The new targeting rules have directly impacted my business, my income, and my family’s well-being. I’ve done everything I can think of to bolster my profile but I’m still not showing up in searches outside my immediate area (I work remotely) and I haven’t had a direct lead in...I don’t know how long. My business is at a standstill. My family is suffering from this sudden loss of income. I’m so frustrated that I’ve spent so much money on here, only to have Thumbtack turn their backs on me.
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Same here ill chime this in alone this week ive lost over $100 to "leds"becuase of what ????then ask for a refund and are told ummmm no you cant get one because they read your reply.in one day over 60 dollars in an hour.And the new defence to take that cash your page locked in a led till you fund the account its linked to.Today 4pros all got tagged 38 dollars for one led so its just set up to take your money get the job or not you still pay and i your not hired they said sorry spruce up your page
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Absolutely not its killing all my profit way over priced and its " direct led" feature horrible ive lost almost 200 dollars to direct leds that "read"the message and didnt even reply its een 3 weeks now on some and im out that cashthis is putting me out of work fast

*post edited by moderator on 8/12/20 for code of conduct violation*