Highlighted

Price Assurance

Active Community Member
Best Answer
If someone targets me and three or four other editors and I answer and never hear back do I still pay? That does not seem at all fair.
Thanks, Deborah
Highlighted

Re: Price Assurance

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
Best Answer

@Deborah306 @Carolinasexteri @catfish97 Hey there! All three of you had great questions regarding being contacted and not hearing back. This is why we rolled out Price Assurance based on feedback from professionals like you. We understand it’s frustrating to not hear back when you are trying so hard to win the job. Like any advertisement platform, not all leads turn into hires -- as much as we want them to for you! With Price Assurance, you are helping Thumbtack customers by quickly responding and setting up your preferences beforehand and we want to help you out for doing that. Under Price Assurance, you are refunded for leads if the following terms are met:

• You have activated your Targeting Preferences, by selecting the kinds of jobs you want to work as well as specifying your Travel Area
  • You respond fast! Respond to the customer within 4 hours of receiving their lead
  • If after 48 hours, the customer doesn’t view your response you are refunded

As a heads up, it can take about 48 more hours for you to see this credit in your Payment History

We definitely appreciate your insight, and are excited to show you with Price Assurance what we’re doing to help professionals win!

0 Likes
Highlighted

design only, no construction

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I would like to be contacted only for prospects that desire design consultation, as we do no construction.

Highlighted

Pricing

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I really don’t agree how thumbtacks charging works. I was charged $98 for a lead that never even responded back after she said it was urgent and looking for someone to do concrete work. I really disagree that I was charged for a job that we never even did a consultation for or made contact with the customer. I have decided thumbtack may not be a good lead source due to this and I emailed thumbtack and heard nothing back

Prices !!!!!!

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
This already stated to look like Home Adviser
We started the base price was $25
Now I get charge $75 or more for small jobs
Getting ridiculous on hight prices most of the time send up to 5 or more people for estimates
Highlighted

Re: Prices !!!!!!

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
Best Answer

@Gustavoeluno We want to make sure that we are being fair to both you as a professional, and us as a company with our pricing. We have made a lot of great changes on the platform to make these leads more valuable. So we have increased the pricing on the platform to match that value. A big thing we look at when pricing a lead is the job size. It makes sense to charge more for a larger job. You can see the range that leads can cost for a specific service on your Budgets page.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Discouraging

Community Regular
Best Answer
Pros shouldn't get charged a fee unless they're hired. Point, blank, period! It doesn't make sense for the Pros to have to pay because customers want to shop around or be indecisive. You can't even have proper dialogue with a potential client without be charged. This is robbery and Thumbtack is fully aware of what they're doing.
Highlighted

Re: Discouraging

Community Regular
Best Answer
Thank you!!!!
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Discouraging

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
Best Answer

@Zolliology1 @misstalima You guys had similar points, I would love to address both your questions here. As a marketing platform, Thumbtack charges professionals for providing an introduction to potential clients that have shown interest in your business. We are unable to guarantee hires. It is up to you as a professional to win the job.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Want to know more about Price Assurance?

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I would like to know why do we get so many leads and exact match and we answer and everything but those customers don't answer back I thought that if the customer didn't answer back we would not get charged until that customer replied we should get our money back for those many times we have gone through this. I am literally wasting my money in an app that is hardly giving me jobs I think thumbtack should fix this right away for a lot of pros!
-thank you