Re: Resource of the week: paying for leads

Community Regular
Best Answer
I think so too, I answered one guy he replied "oh my bad I already got someone" and I got charged $40 for that an NO REFUND.

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
Best Answer

@Outrunmehaha Responding quickly to customers is key to being successful on Thumbtack. Also, remember for a lead to qualify for Price Assurance we need to see that you have responded to the customer within 4 hours. We are happy to look at these situations on a case-to-case, feel free to read over our refunds policy to learn more. https://help.thumbtack.com/article/refunds.

0 Likes

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
Best Answer

@AndrewCasanave unread refunds is a huge step in the right direction for Thumbtack to be able to help our professionals with targeted customers that may not be the best of quality. As long as you respond quickly, the customer’s request meets your preferences, and they do not view your message within 48 hours we will issue the refund. If the customer does view your message within that 48 hours, we see that as the customer still being engaged with the project and you have the opportunity to win that job, and will not issue a refund.

0 Likes

Seeking more transparency from Thumbtack Payments

Community Regular
Best Answer
I don't understand why thumbtack will charge someone just to reply a text from a client and then at the end the client might not even respond or offer you the job. I have been charged 5 times and I never got hired for any of those jobs.
Please is it possible for thumbtack to charge us only when the client hires us?.
Thanks

Prepaid leads

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
If a potential lead that was prepaid does not respond, is my account credited? If so, what is the waiting period of reimbursement.

Re: Prepaid leads

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
Best Answer

@HMSPros We can’t refund if the customer doesn’t respond. However, If the customer doesn’t view your leads, you're automatically credited. Our system waits 48hrs to see if a customer views your message, then the credit is issued automatically within the next 24-48 hrs.  So you should have your refund within 3-4 days of the time you sent your message. You can check if it's been viewed in the inbox/messages tab underneath your message. If the customer has viewed your message you’ll see a “read” indicator.

0 Likes

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@WillC  In a recent post you said "We can’t refund if the customer doesn’t respond. However, If the customer doesn’t view your leads, you're automatically credited."  Does that mean the system technically cannot tell if a lead responded and thus this is the reason that you can't refund? We are all looking for a bit more detail here in that is this a technical limitation of the system or is it a business decision that TT has made? If this is a business decision, can you provide some insight into why this choice makes the most sense to all parties involved vs. refunding (or crediting) if the lead does not respond?  Thanks in advance.

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
Best Answer

@MR  Happy to clarify - we do know in our system whether a customer has not responded. What we don't know is why they choose not to respond. They may have already hired another pro, or perhaps they read a pro's response and decided they weren't a good match for their job. We unfortunately don't have a black and white way to know whether the pro had a chance to win the job in these cases, but we do know that if the customer doesn't even view a pro's response, they never had a chance. That case is very clear, and we don't think you should pay for that.

0 Likes

Refund

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Can there be a refund submit button? I’ve received paid leads that never even reply. I follow up for weeks just to get the confirmed no thank you. This is tedious. I have no problem paying for a lead that we win or lose that has communication. But a click with no communication is a waste.

Billing

Community Regular
Best Answer
Why do I get charged automatically when someone ask availability but doesn’t respond to me and yet they asked 4 pros. 4 people charged for dams lead and no response. I’m about to quit the service due to this happening often.