Highlighted

Re: Refund Policy

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Drummer783 happy to clarify. You're refunded if the customer doesn't view your message within 48 hours. However, if they view it and don't respond, you will not be refunded. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
Question.....
How does the Pro even know if they viewed it quote?
And I’m very Leary on this. We get request for a quote and then nothing. It’s a “ghost”.
The impression that is given is that TT will not charge for these “ghosts”
This makes it next to impossible to budget for leads. I lose quite a bit of my budget on these hit and run people.
I can use my entire weekly budget ($150) and not get one response. Where’s the incentive for any any Pro to want to stick with this type of system?
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Drummer783 pros will know a customer viewed their message because it will say “Read” under the most recent message sent. If you're getting contacted enough but having a harder time closing the deal I recommend reaching out to our support teams. They'll be able to go over your account with you and provide great tips for converting more hires.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
This does not help when we do not get a response or we get one response and then the client disappears off the face of the earth.
This is why the “ghosts” are killing all of us.
I have used thumbtack for quite a while and only have issues with spending money on people that don’t seem to exist.
Highlighted

Re: Want to know more about Price Assurance?

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I used your program frequently when I could pick what projects I wanted to submit too.  The choices for setting what projects I was interested in were not specific enought to get project in areas that specifically met my ablities.  Also there times when I am too busy to accept new work and so do not want to pay for project I can not take.  Can the project selection method be changed?

I would like to start recieving notices of possible projects again and be able to select which ones to submit proposals.

Thank you

Dann 

Highlighted

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
Best Answer

@DannKeiser Targeting is only one way to use Thumbtack. We want you to be successful there, but know that each category will be different and may require additional research on our part. While we hope that everyone will find success with Targeting, you can still use your Opportunities/Jobs tab to quote on customer requests that haven’t reached out to you directly. If you feel like you need to pause Targeting and focus on other opportunities, we hope you’ll keep an eye out as we continue to update our system to improve your success in the future.

If you’re needing some time away or are fully booked, feel free to use the “hide my business” tool to stop customers from reaching out until you’re ready for more leads. You can find this feature in your services page.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
If a client does not respond to us at all, why should we pay. You say if they look at us even, we have to pay. I have had client who choose only me and never respond to me after being reached out to. It doesn't seem fair that we should still pay. Wilma
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
Exactly my problem!
0 Likes
Highlighted

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
Best Answer

@Happypawsntails. We can't guarantee that you'll win every job, but we hope you'll win them often enough to make Thumbtack a worthwhile investment for your business. When you pay automatically, you should at least have a shot to win every lead you reply to quickly.

We try to make things as fair as we can for Thumbtack and our pros. We can track if a customer sees your message, which is why when you qualify for Price Assurance, we’ll refund if they don’t. There’s less certainty when a customer views your message but doesn’t respond. They may not be interested in your services, or they may have reached out to other pros outside of our platform. Price assurance is one step in being more fair to our pros while maintaining the integrity of our site.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
Feel like your bearing your head against a wall, doesn’t it!