Re: Want to know more about Price Assurance?

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I get billed if I respond and still get tire kickers that respond but do nothing after first response.  Getting billed for nothing.  How does this program help that?

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
Best Answer

@TNPondguy, your question is very similar to @WaterlooExt. Check out our answer here

0 Likes

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Thumbtack has to develop an algorithm to deal with the overcharging of contractors! Getting charged for something where there has been no communication what so ever is criminal! What if I charge you $21 to read my question?

Community Regular
Best Answer
My Credit card now is over the limit of $2000 but as of March 2019 90% of my income comes from TT. When TT did the 50% off leads its more manageable than 20% off leads. The 50% should happen more often or consider a 35-40% off of leads.

Community Regular
Best Answer

Yup! Every time I would pay to respond to a client that it said wanted to hire me, I would get no response, even after trying to follow up several times. And I would still get charged. Ever since the bidding process has changed, I haven't booked one gig. I was booking tons of gigs before though. Very frustrating.

Community Regular
Best Answer

I haven't been able to book any gigs since you changed your bidding process. Whenever I would pay to respond to a client that it said "wanted to hire me", I never would get a reply, and I would still get charged. This led me to believe that these were't real customers, and my profile had somehow been hacked or something. It's ended up costing me a lot of money, so I've stopped using Thumbtack altogether now. Why do I get requests from clients saying they "want to hire me", then when I pay to respond, I never hear from them, and I still get charged?

Community Regular
Best Answer

Still waiting for an answer to my question. Why do I keep getting clients that "say" they want to hire me, I pay to respond, and then I never hear from then again. I've had to stop using Thumbtack altogether because of this, and I've notified all my business colleagues around the country that they not use this site as well. That's 30 plus different companies BTW.

0 Likes

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
Best Answer

@Bogan I appreciate your honesty and questions. When you receive a lead that gives you the messaging that they selected you, it is because they found your profile and chose to reach out. You’re given the option to respond or decline because there is something about the customer’s request that doesn’t match your preferences.

This would be a good time to utilize your Competition Insights. This will tell you how many professionals have responded to the customer and can help give you a competitive edge. You could follow up by saying “Hey there, I see you are speaking with another pro about this project. I’m interested in helping you with your project, and would like to know when would be best for us to jump on a call to chat”. Keep your response time in mind as well. Responding quickly can help you land jobs over someone who may not respond right away. Remember, you’re competing with others on the platform, responding quickly and following up with open-ended questions is what is within your control to help you win the job.

0 Likes

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

If we receive direct calls how will thumbtack know and give us discounts if those clients are contacting multiple companies? How is thumbtack keep track of this if they are calls? Customers have told me they are just shopping around for pricing, but from my understanding thumbtack shows them our price before they call?

Community Regular
Best Answer

Price assurance seems helpful, but is there a better more preventative solution that holds potential clients accountable so that they aren't wasting the time and money of pros?