Highlighted

Re: Want to know more about Price Assurance?

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
Best Answer

@Millertrades We know it can be hard when a customer reads your message, then does not respond. We worked hard to make sure that we were able to show you when a customer reads your message in the clearest and efficient manner. We feel that this is the best way to show that to you.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

Hi @Millertrades, I correlate with your pain; the same happens to me where they want my availability or ask for a price, and after giving them that price, they never respond.

Highlighted

Re: Join me in welcoming our newest Community users! (11/12)

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I wish Thumbtack did not charge for giving a customer a quote. It is cost prohibitive for me as a start up to pat to give someone a quote when i essentially have no income yet (thus the need for thumbtack). A better pricing system for us independent business owners would be really nice.
Highlighted

Re: Join me in welcoming our newest Community users! (11/12)

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
Best Answer

@Epic-Pix. Small businesses are the cornerstone of our platform. We’re here to help you succeed in any way that we can, but know it can be hard starting out. If you have additional suggestions on how we can improve the new pro experience, please let us know. Otherwise, please reach out to our Customer Support team for helpful tips and tricks to help you succeed.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

I would like to know if it's possible to get a refund on quotes that are prepaid, but aren't able to do the job. I don't find it very fair that we are paying for leads that we cant do, or if a lead responds saying they went with a different pro. Personally, thumbtack has worked great for me, but it has been very costly, so i am bummed to see that prices have gone up yet again for leads. 

Highlighted

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
Best Answer

@cwilson Thanks for the question! While some lead prices did increase slightly as part of the launch, Targeting became much cheaper. Price Assurance, on average, drops how much you spend through shop around savings and through the credit for unviewed refunds. 

You can control what types of jobs you are targeting through your preferences. If you are getting charges for leads you do not do, check out your preferences and make sure that they are all up to date. Because we are a marketing platform, we are not able to guarantee hires.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I don't understand why I am sent a lead, that I pay for because it's within my set range, but the person has already reached out to other professionals, usually ones that have already responded ? And why am I getting requests for quotes? My rates are stated, I have called 2 times to make sure my rates were showing up, but I keep getting requests for quotes?
Highlighted

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
Best Answer

@angkauai Great question! Customers can reach out to multiple professionals for their project to make sure they are hiring the right one for the job. Under Price Assurance we released the shop around savings benefit. This means that the more professionals the customer reaches out to, the bigger the discount will be for all the pros. You are competing with other pros, and we are hoping this makes it more fair when there instances that the customer reaches out to multiple pros. 

The reason you are seeing customers request an estimate is that the suggestions they are given when reaching out to you are “Ask for an Estimate”, “Check Availability”, or “Request a Call”. I double-checked your account and can see your pricing is live, so I can confirm that customers are seeing your rates when trying to connect with you. It could be that the method they reached out to was just the first option of asking for an estimate, even though they already know your rate.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Regarding tire kickers:
Had a lead from Rubicon, WI recently whereby I was the only responder - no response.
More recently was a lead from Pewaukee, WI. Again I was the only responder and within a few hours and again, no response.
Thought your terms provided me with refund for tire kicker leads.
If I had more contact info (phone #, etc) other than thumbtack email system, I could pursue such leads more effectively.
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

My involvement with Thumbtack began as a means by which I could make myself available to couples who were searching for a wedding officiate.  I do not operate as a business - mine is a ministry.  I only cover my expenses with any fees - $150 flat rate for any wedding, including travel, etc (the same since 2010).  Early on, it was feasible for me to connect with a couple and pay the (then lower fees) and arrange for my participation in their wedding.  I am not competing for "business".  It is of no interest to me what other officates are charging and who has the most contacts and connections and completed transactions.  

It has become too expensive and complicated to reach the couples who want a simple, honest coversation about how we can make their wedding day exactly what they want it to be.  The automatic fee structure drained more out of my checking account than I was putting in for many of the weeks I tried the targeted idea.  I understand that you are in business to make a profit and are not merely a clearing house that connects requests for officate services with officiates who are available.  I also understand that you deal with vendors who are in competition with other for jobs.  But that's not me.  I simply want to be notified about couples who are interested in finding an officate in my area and to be given the opportunity to let them know if I am available for their wedding.  If we connect, I have no problem paying for your services.  If we don't, I have a lot of problems with paying for contacts that I am unable to work with.