Will Price Assurance include:
1. More precise targeteing data so that we receive only leads from our specific and designated geographical area?
2. More precise lead price range data for specific kinds of work (e.g. weddings, portraits) with a minimum for any photography job?
3. "Raising the bar" on ALL Thumbtack leads to help pospective clients understand that photographers who work at a professional level do so at a professional price? Will Thumbtack STOP encouraging prospective clients to look for cheap prices?
These are great questions @RickD. We are always trying to improve Thumbtack to help our pros succeed, and we’re happy to send your insight on targeting geography and photography price ranges to our product team. Specifically, Price Assurance will affect Targeted leads that are never viewed by the customer, and how much pros are paying for customers that have reached out to multiple pros. For more specifics about those two areas, please continue below.
1. A customer that never views your initial message is not a valuable lead. Because of this, anytime you auto pay for a Targeted lead and respond within 4 business hours, you’re automatically refunded if the customer doesn’t view your message in the next two days. If they view your message but don’t reply, you’re still charged.
2. When a customer reaches out to multiple pros right away, you have less of a chance to win that job. With Shop around Savings anytime you’re competing with several pros right from the start of their job, you’ll pay less for that lead.
3. Thumbtack doesn’t encourage customers to look for the cheapest price possible. Customers do, however, have a specific price range in mind when looking to hire a pro. We shared a recent video on what customers care about most and “finding a pro that fits my budget” was number one across all categories. Check that out here.
Why do you automatically bill BEFORE we say if we're even available for the job?
And when we dispute it, your team argues and acts like you're doing us a favor! When you launched this, YOU SAID "You should only pay for leads you have a real shot at winning".
When I quoted that to your rep, "Louie Jay", he treated me like I made it up and I had to prove that it actually came from you! Then he accused me of misunderstanding.
Below is another excerpt of your policy.
I don't mind paying for legitimate jobs that I have a chance of winning.
But if I'm not available, I never had the chance, and I shouldn't have to jump through hoops for a refund.
Thank you for your question @WaterlooExt. We need to keep in mind that Thumbtack is an advertising platform. We can’t guarantee you’re hired every time, only that you’re contacted by customers interested in your services. Even if those customers don’t hire you for that specific job, they still have your contact info and can reach out for jobs in the future. We try to get you high quality leads at a reasonable price, and equip you with tools like saved replies to quickly get back to customers and win the job. With Price Assurance, we hope to up the value of those contacts, by refunding when the customer never views your message, or offering a discount when you compete with other pros for a lead. This is just one step we’re taking to continue improving Thumbtack for the future.
I would like to know why I am getting charged for leads that never answer multiple responses. There used to be refunds automatically posted to my account but that isn't happening any more.
I had requested refunds for 3 leads that never answered me back. I was informed that because they now had my information that no refund was going to be given. We were told that if a lead did not respond in 24 hours, we would get a refund. Is this policy no longer used? If not, is there a reason that the Pros were not informed of a change?
@Drummer783 I would love to help clarify a few things for you. Price Assurance covers any exact matches to your targeting preferences where you respond to the customer within 4 hours of them reaching out and they do not view that message within 48 hours. Here is a link to our Help Center article with the Price Assurance Terms https://help.thumbtack.com/article/price-assurance-terms2.