Highlighted

Re: Want to know more about Price Assurance?

Community Veteran
Best Answer

I'm extremely disappointed to see that Thumbtack still refuse to issue refunds to Pros for leads they purchase even when it becomes apparent to Thumbtack that the Pros never had a shot of getting hired in the first place. 

Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

It's funny when I write a lengthy post that targets Thumbtack; they are quick to remove it. I did not use profanity, and I was clear about the fact that Thumbtack is exceeding in revenue every year and currently standing at 1.2 billion, and there are concerns with Pros. Look at everyone on this post complaining about prices per lead. You would think that you would go back to the table and come up with a new strategy, but why, when you are clearly exceeding your goal every year. 

Why is it that the Pros are always losing when we are paying Thumbtack for lead generation service. We get charged for leads that do not answer our questions, availability, are window shopping, or out of our scope. Overall, I would be satisfied if the pricing was fair or Thumbtack waits until there is clear communication between the potential customer and myself. Your algorithm is off, and the words that trigger a lead sale do not correlate to a meaningful lead. 

Community Expert
Best Answer

@J_DJ we welcome criticism and feedback in the Community, but posts will need to be within our Code of Conduct. If a post of yours was previously removed you should have received a direct message with further explanation and if you have additional questions you can follow up there.

In the past pros would pay simply to send out a quote to a customer regardless if they ever heard back. Now pros only pay if a customer responds or reaches out to you directly which has shown overall to hold more value. I know every lead doesn’t work out every time but the newer system has still been a step in the right direction and we’re seeing a healthier Thumbtack marketplace.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

Thank you to everyone who participated in our discussion on Price Assurance. We heard a lot of great questions and appreciate all of the feedback we received.

We’ll be closing this conversation to keep things relevant and organized in the Community as we’ve done with past Q&A’s.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes