Highlighted

Re: Want to know more about Price Assurance?

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
Best Answer

@paul827 Thanks for this feedback. Price Assurance does not include situations like the one you brought up. Price Assurance will only cover targeted leads that do not view your message within 48 hours and also will give discounts to you for customers that are shopping around. Here is more information about the terms of Price Assurance. https://help.thumbtack.com/article/price-assurance-terms2.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I spend a lot Of money on Thumbtack and I don't feel I should get Charged if someone looks at my profile and I never get contacted.
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
I do not understand why some leads can cost as much as $15 and some are $3. Can’t there be a standard pricing structure for leads? Thank you.
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
I'm paying $38 a lead and not getting nothing.
Highlighted

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
Best Answer

@Aleciapainter We want to be transparent with our prices. This is why we have included a price table in every service to show you what leads can cost. You can find this in your budget tab under your services. We consider a lot of things when pricing our leads. Check out this article to learn more: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/where-to-find-prices.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Why we get charge even if home ow never replies back

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I think it’s very unfair for us to get charge for a lead where home owner don’t reply back to our message , I think all of us sign up with thumbtack must demand that thumbtack requires phone number from potential clients when they are filling form , I understand they want to be different that home advisor or other major lead generation companies but phone number help a lot .also thumbtack has to put a limit on how many professionals can a customer contact it’s crazy that home owner can select up to 10 contractor , thumbtack only lowers price little down because of this at the end thumbtack is the only one making money with .
Highlighted

Re: Why we get charge even if home ow never replies back

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
Best Answer

@TeamShaddai  Thank you for this great insight and feedback. Having the phone number from the customer in the request form could definitely be helpful, so we definitely understand your perspective. We also have to keep in mind that the customer may reach out to other professionals, which could be an overwhelming experience if they receive calls from multiple professionals at the same time. This is why we currently leave it up to them to provide their personal information to professionals when they are ready. I would suggest asking for it in a way that also sets you up to meet with them, for example, “Hey there, just wondering what times work for you this week to schedule a call with me, I’d be happy to discuss your project

In regards to your other thought, there is not a limit on how many professionals the customer can reach out to, but that’s exactly what Price Assurance, specifically Shop Around Savings, helps out with. This benefit provides an additional discount to you based on how many professionals you’re competing with for a job. We definitely want to make sure you are paying for the value of the leads you are receiving, including if there are multiple professionals the customer has reached out to.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Refunds, Promote and Match

Community Regular
Best Answer
Recently I was sent a request/lead that aside from everything else was not a “match” by virtue of the amount of people they were having at the ceremony, but asked for my availability (Thumbtack allowed this) even though they knew according to them that the person wasn’t a “match” due the the aforementioned info. Now after having answered the person, they ghosted me with no response whatsoever and when I called TT to inquire about the refund for the person. Or responding to the quote I was told because I accepted a lead that wasn’t a match for me that I wasn’t entitled to the refund? What kind of nonsense is this? Although I was given a courtesy credit I want this matter rectified. It isn’t fair that TT allows the lead to come thru knowing it isn’t a “match” then if the vendor accepts it, especially in this circumstance since it was only a matter of the amount of people that were going to be present for a ceremony that made it not a “match” and the client doesn’t respond that we aren’t still entitled to the credit. It should not matter in my case that the amount of people is not something I have checked off. If that is the case DO NOT SEND me leads that aren’t a “match” for me because it’s obvious I don’t want them, correct? Seems like a win/win for TT and a lose lose for the vendor.
Highlighted

Re: Refunds, Promote and Match

Thumbtack Employee
Thumbtack Employee
Best Answer

@RevRichRodNY I would recommend that you go in and check out your preferences to make sure that you are targeting the right leads. It is possible to get leads outside these preferences, but we do give you the option to either decline these leads for no charge or accept them for the fee listed. Because that lead did not meet your preferences, it did not qualify for Price Assurance.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Resource of the week: paying for leads

Community Regular
Best Answer

What about if I answer a "lead" and never hear back from them?  I think I should get a refund.