Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Highlighted
DJStevie
Level 11

Advice from Fellow DJ Pros please

To all of my fellow DJ Pros.

If you are having success with Promote, please reach out to me and give me some advice. I've tried everything that Thumbtack suggested to improve my profile. But, Evidently, I'm doing something wrong with no leads, not even a conversation starter, in a week. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. For now I have Promote on pause.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

0 Kudos
7 responses
DJStevie
Level 11

Re: Advice from Fellow DJ Pros please

I posted this last week, and haven't heard from any of my DJ peers who use Promote. If you're having success with Promote, please reply along with any advice you may have.

Thanks in advance, Steve

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell
Moderator

Re: Advice from Fellow DJ Pros please

@Eddygee @CapitalDeeJays it looks like you're both Promoting your DJ's businesses. Do you have any advice or tips that you can share with @DJStevie

We look forward to hearing from you! 

Eddygee
Level 5

Re: Advice from Fellow DJ Pros please

Here’s a couple of things for sprucing up your profile. Your intro should be geared like your personally speaking with a potential client. So no “ I can bring you this and that”... more like “ you’re looking for a professional team? You’ve come to the right place. Like you’re having a conversation with them.
Reviews are huge! Even if off site, reach out to former clients to put up a review for you. I survive off reviews!!
Pictures... videos.... very important too.
Respond quickly to job inquires or specifically, promotes! Very important! The faster you reply, the more you’re potential client will think you really want to dj their event. That way, they feel important! Hate to be repetitive, but that’s very... IMPORTANT!
0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 11

Re: Advice from Fellow DJ Pros please

@Eddygee 

Thanks for your input, but I have done all that you mentioned, and then some with the advice of Thumbtack Moderators and phone reps. Just ask @Meckell . I even put in some special events that I'm a regular DJ for to attract customers. I did get a couple of bookings using the manual system recently, but none with Promote on previously.

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Eddygee
Level 5

Re: Advice from Fellow DJ Pros please

I’m doing well with promote. Between that and the old instant match I’ve gotten 70% of my bookings. Nothing via job requests. The other 30% thru referral.
0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 11

Re: Advice from Fellow DJ Pros please

@Eddygee 

Happy that Promote is working for you, and like I mentioned earlier, I tried all the suggestions, and nothing. I just wanted to know if there was something else that I wasn't doing that I could try.

Thanks for advice though

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell
Moderator

Re: Advice from Fellow DJ Pros please

Thanks for your input @Eddygee!

0 Kudos