Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: BLOCK PRO is a feature??

Blocking Pros? Really? Is this another Awesome April change?

As @ReeseTee said, this is wrong on so many levels!!! And as @MR said, we received no warnings about this. Why??? Important features aren't important to share with us?

True, some Pros don't stop sending messages. If they became a nuisance, ban them for an amount of time, just as you ban us for 30 days if we violate Community Guidelines. It's that simple!!

Also, when you are using your phone, it's easy to click on block Pro, just as easy it is to click on 4 star rating, and other filters when looking for a Pro.

I also thought that we as Pros, are supposed to engage in communication with customers. First, the "customer viewed quote/message" is taken away from us, now Thumbtack gives customer option to block Pros. So, if we get blocked, how do we continue engaging in conversation the customer? Now more control is in customer's hands, not the Pros!!!! Why?

I am very offended by this feature, if in fact it is a new feature. I'm a seasoned Pro as many are, and to have customers continue to control Thumbtack is proving to me that your Pros do NOT matter. After all, we pay for the service, not the customers.

Please put the control back in the Pros hands!! That system worked very well. Sorry for the anger and frustration, but please explain why this block feature is in the hands of the customer? Be curious to hear the statistic of how this change came to be

HansenJC
Level 10

How it came to be?  I am going to guess....  TT surveyed customers and the feedback was that the customers do not feel they want to hear from all those Pros as follow-up to Ghosting. So, instead of a polite "No Thank You" TT thinks the customers want to slam the door in our face.

But, TT is the one who told us to follow-up, right?

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
VideoTerry
Level 6

I’ve been with Thumbtack for several years now. I started way back in 2013, but left because I didn’t think Thumbtack was “ready for prime time.” Came back a couple of years later and had some decent success…UNTIL you guys started making drastic changes. Since then, I’ve tamped my profile down so much that I rarely get any leads. I REFUSE to use the Promote feature and did likewise to the ridiculous Instant Match debacle. It just seems to me that everything you’ve been doing over the last couple of years has been designed to improve YOUR revenue stream, and not that of the pros who monetize your business.

Today, I went to the Thumbtack Community to see if anything relevant was happening that might improve things for the professional audience…and then I saw this thread. I want to know on what planet does this even make the remotest of sense?? It's not good for the job poster and certainly NOT for the pro! What exactly are we supposed to think about this, or any of the other decisions that have been made that adversely affect how we obtain (good) leads?

Only when you make some new changes that more positively impact the way I can do business with Thumbtack will I open up my profile to broader opportunities. Otherwise, I’m just throwing money away, while adding to your bottom line. Where is the balance in that?!? For the record, I participate in several other lead-gen sites and a couple of those are specific to the videography/production business. It costs me less and I get more jobs…something I used to do with Thumbtack. Just thought you should know.

Respectfully submitted,

~Terry

MMM_Memories
Level 7

I am beginning to think there are no Ghosters on TT. I mean, I believe in the intelligence and prudence of the average TT browser who sees 'Check availability now', "Its FREE with NO OBLIGATION to hire" to know that the Pros are charged heavily for an arbitrary click of a button, even though TT  says its FREE (not free to the user or to ask for quotes, Free PERIOD). Please do not feel any need to respond and feel free to ignore any attempts from the Pro to - Engage in conversation, ask for more information, verify that you are a real person, avoid a scam, close a deal, and (ohmyword!) make a living. 

Maybe they were offended by the Pros attempt to clarify a vague and miscategorised job post or simply that they had the audacity to say hello. Maybe they didn't like the Pros name, Hair Colour(?! oh that can of worms), or Font used on their Logo, or...  Who is it to know why a user decides to Block Pro? But THATS why there are so many Ghosters, no Blockers.

I think the introduction didn't go so well TT - I'd like my money back please, on ALL Ghost Leads. Unless you show me logs and evidence that I was not Blocked. Not only that, I want evidence that I was not blocked BEFORE I responded or was matched, and that I was not blocked by the user on some other job post and I was blocked for X (verifiable and legitimate) reasons. 

I don't know that TT can efficiently provide such proof on a case by case basis for every Lead challenged, but then hey given their promise to build a better system through all these necessary changes and to strive towards accuracy and stellar communication, maybe they can.

TT may choose not to care what message it sends to a user about their Pros requiring a Block Button. But, again I ask, what does 'Block Pro' mean to Paid Leads??

@MR @Lar @VideoTerry @BillPersons @DJStevie @ReeseTee @HansenJC @ScottArcangel  and the one other person who's response was deleted by TT, Thank You for your insight.
MMM

MR
Level 10

@MMM_Memories Thank you for the post.

As I am sure you know, TT has volumes of records of just about every key stroke and option choice people make on both sides of the TT system. They often say that the data is not available - and while it is true it is not available to the public, they have the data.

It many cases it can be difficult to sift through, but no matter what trend one is looking to verify, data to support or refute the trend exists.

Highlighted
MMM_Memories
Level 7

oh @MR in the world that trades in data. I'm sure TT has even my 'typing speed' logged somewhere. The thing thats unfortunately lacking here is, usually when users provide their information to a company, there is an implied tradeoff of privacy and data for value, returns and protection of interests.
MMM

0 Kudos
MR
Level 10

@MMM_Memories True, very true.. That reminds me, perhaps TT can share their PCI policy and PCI certification as many pros may have credit card data stored on the site. I looked through the privacy policy and saw no references to PCI or credit card security.

And please do not delete this post as this request will just be sent through other channels. It is my hope that it (by way of a link) can be posted here for all to inspect as that visibility is required.

Remember when TT used to show us when - 

Our message was viewed by the client

The client responded to us (or another Pro)

AND

When we could conveniently mark ourselves as hired from the app OR view that the client hired another Pro for the job

For some reason they took away all of this incredibly useful data and functionality (for no good reason - why DECREASE functionality on an app???)

If they had just not "made it better" we would see which clients were ghosts, which clients were having conversations with other pros, when another pro was already hired for a job...

Ghosting problem resolved

Thumbtack credibility restored (no more accusations of "fake leads")

Demonstrated real value of leads under the Promote system to TT Pros

No need to DEMEAN TT's paying Pros by adding a "block pro" button - since we won't send repeated messages to clients who have already read our messages, or have already hired another pro.

Annnnnd... silence from Thumbtack 

revbrian
Level 8

@ScottArcangel - While I'dove to add a Kudos to your post, another little quirk of this community is that I cannot do so. I click on the number to add my Kudo and.... NOTHING.

Don't you just love this place? NOT ANY MORE...

HansenJC
Level 10

@revbrian  The ability to give Kudos is a browser specific issue. I learned this a very long time ago. Internet Explorer is the only browser capable of giving Kudos (for me). Your Mileage May Vary.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections